cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEP AppleCare plus

Journeyman

TEP AppleCare plus

I just upgraded my phone overnight and wanted to opt for the standard AppleCare plus without the sprint total protection plan. The agent I was speaking with said I had to get the total protection with AppleCare because AppleCare plus would not be able to service the phone. I wanted to pay $149 vs. 300 +. It’s bad enough you can’t upgrade with sprint anymore without paying monthly for a phone plus monthly service. I’m very unsatisfied with Sprint at this point and thinking of canceling my upgrade, seems all they want is more and more money. As a Sprint customer of over 15 years you would think they would treat their loyal customers better.

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: TEP AppleCare plus

Hello BritBrat101, your concerns are well understood. Please know that you can purchase AppleCare+ at an Apple store only (not online) by bringing in an Apple device and Proof of Purchase to an Apple store within 30 days of activating device.

Apple has agreements to sell AppleCare+ exclusively through the following channels: RadioShack, Apple store or Apple.com, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, and Nebraska Furniture.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I asked the agent if I could contact apple directly to get the AppleCare plus. The agent said if I purchased AppleCare through Apple if I needed a repair it would not be an authorized repair and the only way to protect my phone under lease is through TEP AppleCare. I think the agent just wanted me to purchase insurance through them for more money while I wanted to save money and not feel obligated to purchase insurance through sprint 

Sprint Social Care

BritBrat101, I would like to provide you with more information regarding both.

AppleCare+ extends technical support from 3 months to 2 years, and you'll have a technician available to call and help walk through all the features available on your new device (iPhone, iPad, or iPad mini). AppleCare+ provides repair or replacement coverage from Apple authorized technicians, which assures that your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPad mini) will be handled by someone who knows it well.

Apple Care Plus covers:

Mechanical or electrical failure, Failure due to normal wear and tear, Minor physical damage, Liquid damage (Corrosion) and Cracked Screen Repair.

Extends warranty on device for repairs from 1 to 2 years and extends Apple Technical Support from 3 months to 2 years.

TEP Plus with AppleCare Services (ACS):

Covers Mechanical or electrical failure, Failure due to normal wear and tear, Minor physical damage, Liquid damage (Corrosion), Cracked Screen Repair, Catastrophic damage (Damage Beyond Repair) and Lost or stolen.

In your case, if you have a leased device it is recommendable to be covered for lost/stolen and Catastrophic damage (Damage Beyond Repair), which is not included on the Apple Care Plus program, but on TEP Plus with AppleCare Services (ACS).

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I understand answer and read carefully the difference between the 2. I also understand it being recommended TEP AppleCare but the agent told me it was a requirement.

Sprint Social Care

BritBrat101, It is recommendable to have insurance, however, it is not a requirement.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok well the Sprint Agent I spoke to last night told me it was a requiremenr and that AppleCare is not sufficient enough but TEP has AppleCare name attached to it. It would be great if I could receive clear  honest communication from Sprint instead of everything seeming they just want more money.

Journeyman

I understand your concerns @BritBrat101. I really apologize for the misinformation. However, now you can upgrade your device and take it to an Apple store within 30 days of activation to have the AppleCare+

Journeyman

I’ve already added the tep AppleCare since the agent told me it was a requirement. I may cancel the upgrade and research a more customer oriented phone provider, it’s grtting ridiculous 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.