cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEP Assurion Customer service Complaint

Highlighted
Journeyman

TEP Assurion Customer service Complaint

I ran into an issue with Sprints TEP service company Asurion. I have insurance on one of my lines and it now has a cracked screen. This is my sons phone and he is away at college. I was filing a claim online to get his phone repaired / replaced and the system did not show any repair centers near his location. The closest I could see was nearly 50 miles away. I decided to chat with a rep and to find a closer store and possibly be able to have a refurbished phone sent to him and have him send his back. The chat was not fruitful and very concerning. The rep could not even tell me where the closest repair store was. I had to tell him I was copying the chat transcript to get him to even respond. I have pasted the chat session for the community to see. Customer service does not seem to be a priority these days. For the record I am not racist, I just dont think it is logical to outsource this type of customer service to India, when it is obvious they are unable to resolve customer issue do to location and system constraints. 

Also, I sent my son to the Sprint store in his colleges town and they tried to tell him it could be $270 to repair his screen even with the PET plan, even though it is actually $125. He did offer to sell him and upgrade if he would just call me and get me to add him as an authorized person on the family account !!!!

at 18:10, Apr 21:

Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.

Info

You are now chatting with Paul.

You

I am working on a claim and I need to find a repair center close to 48858.

Paul

at 18:13, Apr 21:

Hello, how may I assist you today?

You

at 18:15, Apr 21:

I need to find a repair center close to 48858. And the da@n web site is stuck on the page for shipping my phone in and I cant back up. Seems like a shi@#y web site

Paul

at 18:16, Apr 21:

I apologize, but there is none near your ZIP.

You

at 18:16, Apr 21:

whats the nearest

Paul

at 18:17, Apr 21:

Do you have a nearby ZIP so I can search a store for you?

You

at 18:17, Apr 21:

1. You should be able to find the nearest.

You

at 18:18, Apr 21:

If you cant, then Sprint / Assurion should be willing to send me a rerurbished phone and I can send my broken phone back in the mail.

Paul

at 18:19, Apr 21:

Oh! you may opt for a mail in repair.

You

at 18:19, Apr 21:

No, I am not going to be inconvenienced for Sprints lack of repair centers.

You

at 18:21, Apr 21:

Hello ? I am saving this transcript.

You

at 18:22, Apr 21:

Paul, are you there ? I dont see you typing ? Have you left this chat without solving my issue or signing off ?

Paul

at 18:23, Apr 21:

Alright, Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

You

You assist me with my problem. Where is the closest repair center to 48858 ?

You

Simple question.

You

at 18:24, Apr 21:

Where is the closest repair center to Zip code 48858

Paul

at 18:25, Apr 21:

I apologize, but there are no repair centers on that area too.

You

at 18:25, Apr 21:

This is why you dont outsource to India and your country is failing.

You

at 18:27, Apr 21:

I copied this transcript and I will be sharing it with the Sprint Community.

Paul

at 18:27, Apr 21:

Oh! so you are being racist now?

You

at 18:28, Apr 21:

Nope, nothing against race, but if you were in the US you would be able to find the closest repair center.

Paul

No problem, I will also have this reported, I don't think what you said is appropriate.

You

Outsourcing to far away coutries does not help local customers.

Paul

you are in the US right and why can't you find the nearest store?

You

at 18:30, Apr 21:

Please do I would love the opportunity to speak with Sprint Corporate about this chat, and I bet once I post this I will get that opportunity. You have also verified that you are not in a Unite States based representative, so that helps my cause.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care

Re: TEP Assurion Customer service Complaint

Hello @Workinthruissue,

We totally understand how frustrating it can be to have a broken phone and not being able to repair/replace it. However, we are unable to process a replacement through this channel. At the moment the options that seem available is to repair/replace it on the Sprint store that your son went to, or though the mail.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Joel, 

The the Sprint store I sent my son too, is not a repair center, and told him it would cost 270 dollars to have it fixed with the TEP plan, which is a lie. They only wanted to con him into an upgrade. The closest repair store is 50 miles away. This phone will not be repaired "in house" any way. Why not just send us a replacement ? Sending a phone in for repair through the mail is ridiculous, since it will be ten to fourteen days without the device. 

I spend 300 dollars a month with sprint and have been a customer for ten years. Seems like you would want to make sure I am taken care of.

Journeyman

And you can authorize a replacement phone in this setting since it has been done for me before by a rep through the Sprint Community. 

Sprint Social Care

To complete a repair, you must visit or mail the device in to an authorized repair center. Bringing the device to a repair store is definitely our best recommendation. In most cases, mail-in repairs will be ready for pick up in 5 business days.

When searching for a repair store with ZIP code 48858 the nearest one I see is in 3125 Tittabawassee Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604, not sure how close that is to your exact location. I'm leaving a link for our store locator below.

I understand you were having some issues with the webpage, you might also want try giving Asurion a call at 1-800-584-3666 to process your claim.

Visit Sprint's Store Locator.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.