cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message Notifications

Journeyman

Text Message Notifications

After the last update on my Samsung S8 I can no longer have different notifications for my text messages so I can tell who is texting me. Where did that feature go?

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: Text Message Notifications

bcraze13,

Hello! Let's try this, open the Contacts app. Find the contact you wish to modify. Click the small circled "Details" button. At the top of the next screen, click the Edit button. In the edit screen, scroll down near the bottom, right above the scan business card button, and click on the View More option. Scroll down and you will find the text notifications option.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I tried that but it only shows ring tone & vibration pattern & not notification. Did the last update take it away? 

GrandMaster

this is something that is getting looked into since it popped up after the Oreo update. this is affecting S8's across multiple carriers.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.