cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Equipment Protection Failure

Highlighted
Journeyman

Total Equipment Protection Failure

I recently signed up for Total Protection during open enrollment.Today when I took my phone in with a problem I was told my phone wasn't covered and it would cost 50.00.I told them I signed up for it.Then I was told I had to wait 48 hours for a decision.I been with them for years and my contract is up in Aug!

17 REPLIES 17
Wizard

Re: Total Equipment Protection Failure

Asurion has their own different rules, etc.  Have you talked to Asurion? The Total Equipment Protection Plan is through Asurion (800) 584-3666.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Master

Yeah, but if you have TEP, Sprint isn't supposed to charge you $50 to look at it. The $50 charge is a result of NOT having TEP but the OP says they had signed up for it.

My question to the OP, how long between signing up for TEP and going in with a problem?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

When did Sprint begin outsourcing their Total Equipment coverage? 15 years with Sprint and I have NEVER paid a deductible for a replacement phone..now suddenly there is a 100.00 deductible and my local store says they can no longer order in replacement phones even though Sprint.com says they can. Not very happy. SPRINT is who I pay for my "coverage", not some other company.(asurion) This is the first time in 15 years that I have been unhappy with Sprint's customer service.

Update: 2011 Asurion and Sprint hooked up. NOT  happy with Asurion.

Journeyman

It wont matter anyway  You will get a  used phone to replace it    What a scam...

Wizard

thedroidurlooking4,

Sprint has never been an insurance provider. Asurion is not outsourced. They are one of the largest wireless insurance companies and provide coverage for all of the major carriers. I don't recall exactly when Sprint began using Asurion but I remember submitting an Asurion claim as far back as 2007 for my Windows Mobile PPC 6700 (Mogul) and as with all insurance companies they've always required a deductible to replace a phone that has been lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair. With the insurance plan Sprint will issue a free warranty replacement for any device issue not caused by the customer.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

SKINSMAN61 wrote:

It wont matter anyway  You will get a  used phone to replace it    What a scam...

will your car insurance pay you out the same money for a brand new car or for what your car was worth used? same scenario here..its insurance..not a fee to get a brand new phone whenever yours takes a dump..not to mention the phone you will receive will be a refurb..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes they do  Our  Laser was  flooded in a storm and it was just a couple months old  they gave us  a check to cover a brand new one.   and

In fact there is one that gives you enough to buy a model year newer.  I. E.

Better Car Replacement

A Better Insurance Policy that gets you a Better Car

Better Car Replacement

At Liberty Mutual, we understand that accidents happen to even the most responsible drivers. Exclusively through Liberty Mutual, you can now purchase coverage that would get you the money not just for a replacement car - but for a car that is one model year newer with 15,000 fewer miles than your current car.*

So if you have a 2007 vehicle with 35,000 miles on it and are involved in a total-loss accident, Liberty Mutual will give you the money for a 2008 model with 20,000 miles on it.

Replacing a vehicle after a loss is already hard enough. Let Liberty Mutual help you with a better car insurance policy that gets you a better car.

Get a Free Quote

In answer to your post    Absolutely

GrandMaster

you do understand that if you hop over to say verizon or att and damage your phone you will end up dealing with assurain yet again? they are the go to for phone insurance. well unless you get an iphone..then you can try to get apple care..or better yet buy your next phone from BestBuy and get their in store protection..might have better luck there..

so...out of ALL the insurance companies out there how many did you find that will do this?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

fireguy_6364,

Asurion actually covers iPhones now.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

SKINSMAN61,

Thanks for sharing. I believe the debate was about having to pay an insurance deductible to replace the phone. Deductibles are standard to get a replacement cheaper than what the retail value would cost. I've paid my approximate $200 monthly (NYC rates) car insurance without a claim for the past 10 years, I got into my first accident this year and had to pay a $1000 deductible to replace my car. Yes, they gave me the value of my car but after a deductible.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

wirefly   will give you a NEW phone if yours is stolen or damaged  but if it has no damage to the phone and it was not stolen .  the problem with software or hardware from the factory     Your Up the creek without a paddle and oh  that is without a deductible.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.