Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Pro 2 User Guide says you can use PAM

Journeyman

Touch Pro 2 User Guide says you can use PAM

The Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 user guide (http://support.sprintpcs.com/global/pdf/user_guides/htc/touch_pro2/htc_touch_pro2_ug.pdf) clearly mentions on page 167 that the device can be used as a modem to allow intenet connection sharing with a connected PC.  There is NO MENTION of limitations due to specific data plans, etc.  The guide simply says it can be done, period.

Direcly contradicting this, I've seen posts on this forum that PAM is NOT supported by any of Sprint's "Everything" plans.  Making the word "Everything" a bit misleading, to put it very mildly.

What gives?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

The device design is made with support for Phone as Modem for carriers that support it, whether there are specific plan requirements or not.anual state this? Probably, but the manual just tells you what the device supports and how to use it.

The Everything Data plans are not the only plans compatible with the Touch Pro 2. The Touch Pro 2 works just fine with the current Business Advantage plans, as well as the older Business Essentials plans. It will even work with the older Power Pack or Fair & Flexible plans with a data add-on. Those old grandfathered plans also allowed PAM to be added. However usnig old grandfathered plan structures and add-ons can cause issues in the future as features are added and removed, or plans are rearranged.

Phone as Modem can now be added to the Everything Data plans unlike before, however it can only be added on corporate accounts (accounts setup in a Business name and under a Federal Tax ID, not Social Security Number). If you currently have PAM on a personal account, then you won't want to remove the add-on. Otherwise you won't be able to add it back on at a later time unless the policy changes in the future.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I'm on a personal plan now, since I was recently forced to switch from CRIL to IL (this was due to my employer's change in policy).  Not allowing Internet Sharing is a pretty important limitation and is hidden quite effectively in the fine print (I assume; I haven't actually seen it spelled out in my plan or anywhere official).

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years now.  It hasn't always been roses, but I gotta say this is a new low.  No offense to you personally; you seem to be really on the ball, but your employer has a thing or two to learn about being honest and up-front about their policies.  Especially when they put the CEO, Dan Hasse (a kindly honest-looking guy), in their commercials emphasizing the words "everything" and "unlimited".  These plans sure as heck don't give you "everything" and they are severely "limited."

Journeyman

If I had one I'd give you a tissue. It is Simply Everything or Everything Data on your cell phone. Not your laptop.

I like Dan. We could have a cup of coffee and discuss EVO and 4G pricing on the EVO all day

By the way if you have a Windows phone or Android or heck any kind of smartphone, you don't need a PAM add on. Just do a google search for "Touch Pro2 Internet Sharing". Or "Touch Pro2 tether"..

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.