cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send group text message

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to send group text message

I am a new Sprint subscriber. I am trying to send a group text message using the native Android messaging app on an LG G6. I can RECEIVE messages from this group, but I cannot SEND messages to this group (i.e., reply to a received message or a new message that I compose), or to any group - I've tested it on other groups too. I can send text messages to each person in the group individually, but not a single message to the entire group at once. Tried turning phone on and off and doing the other things Sprint recommends with no luck.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: Unable to send group text message

are you running anything like google voice or hangouts? and you checked the advanced settings within the app itself to make sure everything is set up right?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I ended up calling my local, corporate Sprint store. The phone needed to be re-initialized on the Sprint network (even though voice, data, and all messaging, except sending a group text, worked fine). To do this I dialed # # 72786 #. The phone restarted and was set up again on the Sprint network. Once the process completed, about 2 or 3 minutes, everything worked fine.

Thanks.

GrandMaster

good to hear. mainly a FYI but the 72786 code they had you do is a network reset. it resets all of your network connections back to zero
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.