cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized charge on my bill

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unauthorized charge on my bill

I just wanted to give a heads up that Sprint recently placed a charge on my bill for Lookout Premium Security without my permission. I never signed up for this but the sprint representative said it was a free trial. I explained that I never signed up for the trial in the first place, so I should not have to call to cancel it. She removed the charge and said it must have been a glitch in the system. She gave no apology or explanation. I would advise all to check their new bills coming out and see if the same charge shows up. I would be curious to know if it is just me this happens to. I am guessing not.

82 REPLIES 82
Master

Re: Unauthorized charge on my bill

JulesinNE

Thank you for posting your recent experience. We sincerely apologize for the errant charge on your account for the Lookout Premium Security Service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

i am still getting charged for that. ive had it "removed" three times now and it still shows up!

Master

REBEKAH212,

Let me please take a look at the account to see what's going on. Please send us a private message with your phone number and account pin.

Thank you,

*Paida.

Journeyman

I also just realized I'm getting charged for it also on my line that is on seasonal leave which I don't even have a phone for. So how will sprint explain this

Master

XORAYA

I'd like to look into that for you. Can you PM us with you phone number, pin and a link to this thread?

Patrick N.
Social Care Team
Journeyman

I had this problem today! I don't even have the lookout app installed on my phone! I was also being charged for insurance that I had already called to have removed once back in February! Called sprint and had the insurance removed (again). It turns out that June was "open enrollment month" so the service was added automatically when I called in June to have an extension put on my bill. I also wanted the lookout charge removed from my bill but they told me that I had to contact lookout and they had to remove it! I don't even have this service on my phone and I am being charged for it. To top it off the only contact lookout has on their website is an email address. I want this removed today! Right now! Not when lookout finds the time to reply back to me! So summing things up, Sprint took it upon themselves to add back the insurance I removed, without my consent, and now I am being charged for a service I do not even have on my phone. I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to modify charges to my bill without my consent. Thinking about getting a lawyer to take care of this for good. I'm tired of arguing with Sprint for wrongfully being charged with additions that I DO NOT WANT.

Master

meganhallum,

I am very sorry to see this. Can you please send us a private message using this link http://bit.ly/1sPv5SH. We will need your full name, phone number and either the PIN code for your account or the answer to your security question to get into the account and work on this. We are here for you.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The same happen to me however I did have the trial with lookout but I canceled through lookout as advised. However sprint still continued to charge me for months although lookout did not even have an active account for me. Sprint said I didn't cancel however if I didn't cancel why did I not have a valid account with lookout. They trued to offer me not even half of the charges applied although this app was not even in downloaded onto my phone. I will make sure I look at my bill EVERY MONTH very closely now !!!

Master

angel.ann.green

Oh no! Are you still experiencing this issue? I'm here to help.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I saw it on my bill this cycle. I never authorized it. The rep was adamant on this issue and she was telling me that I order it. I am well aware of the apps I usually order; this one was not on my list. Bad experience with Sprint. I contacted Customer service lately and it has been a horrendous experience. After eight years with Sprint, they take you for granted. I am thinking moving my business to Verizon.  Sprint follows same tactics that got AT&T in hot water. Greetings, Oskar

Master

oskartony,

We'll look into this. Please send us a private message with your name, phone number, and PIN. Thanks!

- John R
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.