Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

Hello,

I used to have Sprint service. I practically lost everything in the hurricane Irma that hit Florida. I was unable to pay for my Sprint bill, because of the expense that it took to rebuild my life. Sprint refused to work with me and eventually cancelled my service.

I recently got service with T-Mobile and attempted to use my phones, but I couldn't because Sprint refused to do the UICC Unlock, even though I paid in full for my phones and they aren't on a lease or payment plan. They are Samsung Note 5 (2 of them).

I was told that in order to get my phones unlocked, I would need to find someone with Sprint service and they would have to temporarily  switch a line to my phone and then do the UICC Unlock.

Is there another way? Can someone from Sprint help me with this or if someone else knows of a way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

That is not true.
As long as you don't owe a balance to Sprint (Not the phones themselves, if your account has a balance that might be in collection, they might still refuse the unlock.), they will unlock the phones via WiFi.
Just contact Sprint International and ask them for a WiFi unlock, not over the air (OTA) one. They should be able to do that.
Again, a big IF is, if you owe nothing.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

Re: Unlocking Note 5 for Domestic use on GSM

By the way, after each hurricane, Sprint always has some sort of programs to help people with their bills and services.
Did you not take advantage of it or you had no idea about that?
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.