cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Apple iPhone 7- Service Update Failed message

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Apple iPhone 7- Service Update Failed message

I moved to Oklahoma City, OK and get terrible LTE service here- usually just 1-2 bars in the middle of the city (at home and at work, indoors and outside).  To fix this, I tried to updated the PRL on my iPhone 7 & and always get a error message saying "Service Update Failed".  Anyone know why?  I'm getting so irritated with the terrible service here I'm looking at switching. Sprint.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here I am.  Middle of OKC and 1 bar of LTE...Here I am. Middle of OKC and 1 bar of LTE...

Highlighted

I'm only seeing 1 tower in that area that is having issues. Please try updating the data profile and resetting the network settings. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

I reset the network settings and it still failed. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Good morning. I'd be happy to look into this for you. Is the software on your phone up to date? Did updating the data profile work?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted

Yes, I'm running iOS 12.1 and do automatic updates.  Nothing has worked yet. I tried it on wi-fi, off wi-fi. It always fails.

Highlighted

I'd like to see what towers you utilize the most. I'm going to send you a PM now. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.