cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISUAL VOICE-MAIL TO TEXT - ANNOYING TEXT MESSAGES

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello.  I am extremely annoyed and frustrated.  I continue to receive messages (similar to the following) when I have received a voice mail.  This has gone on for a very long time.  I use Call Control and it blocks this incoming message as it originates from 9016 and that is a community blacklisted number.  Today ... I decided it should stop.  After going to two Sprint stores and spending 5+ hours on the phone with support, I still have no resolution.  I have been with Sprint for many years and this is just about the end of that relationship.  I have read a number of postings on the Internet to no avail.  Can someone please help?  I have a Samsung Galaxy II.  Thanks in advance for any help provided.

//ANDROID: 1########## has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call 408-970-0000 to listen.  MMSN,c72fceb911b,3066,V6765+Fa72f//CM

67 REPLIES 67
Wizard

Re: VISUAL VOICE-MAIL TO TEXT - ANNOYING TEXT MESSAGES

SDOGGETTE

Thanks for the post. I would be happy to help get to the bottom of this.

To begin would you mind summarizing what was done on the phone with support? If you prefer, you may send me a private message so we can speak offline. I will likely need to get your phone number so I can do some research in the voicemail system.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

Chris_ra - Thanks for your reply.  I have now spent 7+ hours with Sprint in an attempt to get this resolved.  How do I send you a private message?  Thanks.

Journeyman

Chris - You should have my PM at this point.  Thanks.

Journeyman

Chris_ra: I am having the very same issue with my GSII as SDOGGETTE with the exception that I have spent DAYS trying to eliminate this problem. I use Call Control as well which has been blocking the text messages from 9016. Text messages state:  //ANDROID:${from} has sent you a Voice SMS Message. Call $(callbackno) to listen. CFGs1840.0=10e2ae96c79e8c892b61mu3z/v0k//CM.

The other message it sends is as follows: //ANDROIDSmiley Tonguerovisioning successful CFGv320c.0=07cmx7c6DB3//CM

These text messages come in every 15 to 20 minutes, 24/7 days a week. I also get an update notification that states With this update, you will be able to enjoy premium ad-supported features such as inline playback and auto forward to email.

The app gives no clue as to who the app creator is, only a version number of T.5.3.3.20 and when you go into Settings>applications>Voicemail, that's where I see the version number. I can force stop, and clear data, but that does no good either. Permissions>system tools, it states that the app automatically starts at boot, and sends sticky broadcast.

I am pulling what hair I have left out of my head trying to find a fix for this. I guess the next step might be a consideration to move to a different carrier. All these messages are also running my battery down. Please help if you will. Thank you.

PS: I really want this spam/bloatware app off my phone. Thanks again.

This question is Not Answered.

SDOGGETTE Regular Visitor

Journeyman

I have an issue VERY similar - shortly after I got a samsung galaxy S4 it "upgraded" me to a premium charge voice mail service Visual Voice Mail to Text for free for 30 days.  I hated it and canceled it - now every few hours - or when I try to access my voice mail to make changes to my message it won't even let me log in, it just tells me "Check for Update, you will be able to enjoy premium Ad-supported features such as inline playback and auto forward to email." And I hit cancel - it tells me I have no messages and won't let me in to change outgoing message or anything.

This STINKS!!!

Journeyman

I hate to post this for everyone to see, but I am annoyed and frustrated with regards to Smith Micro, Boost Mobile and Sprint. This is a copy of an email I sent to Smith Micro, the developers of this annoying Visual Voicemail program which is sending me spam messages to upgrade to their premium product, and causing all these texts from 9016. I am hoping someone from Sprint picks up on this and steps up to the plate and does something to correct this issue. Smith Micro continues to "pass the buck".

I have an SPH-D710BST device. I keep getting spam notices to upgrade to a premium account. Also text messages from 9016 every 15 minutes, 24/7. I use Call Control which has been blocking the text messages from 9016. Text messages state: //ANDROID:${from} has sent you a Voice SMS Message. Call $(callbackno) to listen. CFGs1840.0=10e2ae96c79e8c892b61mu3z/v0k//CM. and/or: //ANDROIDSmiley Tonguerovisioning successful CFGv320c.0=07cmx7c6DB3//CM
These text messages come in every 15 to 20 minutes, 24/7 days a week. I also get an update notification, constantly, that states: "With this update, you will be able to enjoy premium ad-supported features such as inline playback and auto forward to email." I don't want the premium service, nor do I want these text messages every few minutes from 9016. I am NOT using any other SMS or voice mail programs on my phone. In response to your comment regarding getting assistance from Boost or Sprint, I have been to numerous Boost and Sprint stores, talked to both customer service operations, and neither Sprint or Boost Mobile have a clue. If you know someone at either Sprint or Boost that knows anything, please contact that individual for me. It would be appreciated. I am not the only person that has this problem. Should you read the forums on this, that will be very evident. If you can't assist me, Boost can't assist me, Sprint can't assist me, who else is there to turn to? Quick answer? My attorney and I feel I can round up enough people having this same problem for a class-action lawsuit. Certainly you must have an upgrade or fix available to eliminate these annoying text messages from 9016, and the constant spam reminders to upgrade to premium. If you can come up with a fix, since your company are the developers, advise me how to get this fix onto my phone, and I'll be happy. Until then, I'm very annoyed with this situation and will stop at nothing to get this fixed. I didn't pay over $400.00 for this phone to have to put up with this software, and I won't put up with it much longer just because one company (Smith Micro) is passing the buck to the carriers, and the carriers are too stupid to know how to fix this. Thank you in advance for saying "the buck stops here" and giving this your attention. Smith Micro passed the buck again.

Journeyman

The 9016 message is supposed to be an invisible message that wakes up your VVM application to go get a Visual Voicemail.  Typically if you are seeing these messages its caused by one of three things. 

Either you have downloaded a 3rd Party text application (GoSMS, Handcent, etc) that is intercepting these wakeup messages and displaying them as text message.  The solution here is to not allow these apps to not make these apps the primary messaging applications or to uninstall them altogether.

• If you have Go SMS you will need to disable the "disable other text notifications" 
  • If you have Handcent, you will need to go into Handcent, press menu, settings, application settings, default messaging applications and then check "disable".

It is possible that during the provisioning process, your device never got fully provisioned.  You can resolve this by

1. Go to dial pad and hit *38 Talk/Dial/Call key to cancel any call forwarding. 
  2. Power off the device and remove and replace the battery and power back on. 
  3. Update profile by hitting Menu – Settings – System Updates – Update profile  (now try to leave yourself a Voicemail)
  4. Go into the visual voicemail application and compose a visual voicemail message (Hit Menu - Compose) of 5+ seconds and send via voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com.

The last situation is another a phone on the network with your same info that is confusing our voicemail server.  This happens when you give your old android device to someone to use like an ipod touch and that device stays in contact with our servers over Wifi.  The solution here is simple if you have access to the old device, just get the old device and hit menu-settings-system updates-update profile.  This resets the phone so it does not match the credentials on the live phone anymore.  If you do not have the old phone that may be causing the issue, we can blacklist it, but you will have to call care and create a ticket.  This will take a day or two to get resolved.

Hope this helps, and thanks for being Sprint customers.

Journeyman

Thank you Voicemail_guy for taking the interest and the time to assist me with my problem. I had previously tried all of your suggestions to no avail. After days and days of frustration, I told my son, who has the same phone and same service provider as I do, that I was ready to toss this phone in the trash and go to another provider. My granddaughter, who is by the way 11 years old, asked me what the problem was. As I explained what was happening, she asked to see my phone, and within 60 seconds... yes ... 60 seconds, she solved the problem and I am happy again. Sooooooooooo .. any of you having this same problem, find some young kid, explain the situation, and avoid all the frustration I went through. This is NOT a joke! HINT: Use the widget, not the app!

Journeyman

This update pop up was very annoying. I wasted hours researching how to get it to stop. I have no intention of paying for visual voicemail...EVER, and am frustrated with this tactic to trick one into accepting a premium service with Ads. Agree with many on this Forum that Sprint should not allow this from the App developer. Their customers should be the top priority and prove it with actions to mitigate and immediately cease these Apps from pushing upgrades. I am not impressed with explanations and customer service speak. Actually listen to your customers concerns and DO something about it.

Journeyman

This was the best answer and most helpful!!! I was in the same category with the other folks....I'm glad you know how to fix the problem....Thanks voicemail_guy!!!

Journeyman

I am now working directly with technical support (out of Oklahoma City) and have been for a couple of weeks.  Current status:  While I am no longer getting messages from 9016, I am no longer getting any voice mail notifications.  We have gone through so many iterations over the last several weeks, it is disgusting ... from a hard reset that wiped out over 2,000 pictures (which they assured me it would not) to back-end settings which have now left me in voice mail limbo.  Next steps ... return to the store.  The good news ... the longer it takes the more compensation I am requesting.  This has been the biggest mess I have ever seen.  SHAME ON YOU SPRINT. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.