cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird: front camera is upside down when using instagram or snapchat

Journeyman

Weird: front camera is upside down when using instagram or snapchat

When I need to use the front facing camera to take a picture for instagram or snapchat, it shows me upside down!  I have the Sprint Flash.  It doesn't do it when just using the camera, only if using through these apps.  My sister doesn't have this problem, she has a Galaxy II.  My mom has the same issue, using the same phone.  Anybody know how to fix this?  I tried using the 180 flip camera rotation in snapchat, but it doesn't fix it.

Odd thing, the picture itself, once taken, shows right side up.  Just upside down while trying to take it, which is VERY annoying!

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Weird: front camera is upside down when using instagram or snapchat

stacielrusk,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I apologize for this inconvenience.  To start let's make sure both your phone and your mom's phone have the latest software.  Try and powercycle the device by removing the battery and waiting about 1 minute or so and then putting battery back in and turn on.  Try and take a pic through both apps to see if that helped. 

Keep me updated.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

Yes....that was the first thing we tried.  Still doing it.

Wizard

stacielrusk,

I understand how this can be annoying.  Have you tried using a different app?  Try un-installing and re-installing both apps.

Keep me posted 

Dania

Social Media Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Already did that before I posted here.

Wizard

stacielrusk,

Hmm, I would suggest taking the phone to a service center to make sure it's not the phones. http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/?INTNAV=ATG:HESmiley Frustratedtore

Keep me posted on the outcome

Dania

Social Media Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.