cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint begin offering the service of viewing the numbers of text messages sent and received?

SOLVED
Journeyman

When will Sprint begin offering the service of viewing the numbers of text messages sent and received?

I understand that the text messages themselves cannot be stored and available for viewing, but the numbers should be.  My prior carrier provided this feature and it was very helpful and useful, especially with teens. 

62 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: When will Sprint begin offering the service of viewing the numbers of text messages sent and received?

Brechts6Pak,

I'm with you on this one. We do have a process to get your text message usage details.  It just requires a form to be filled out and sent back to us. http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Get_your_text_message_usage_details/a9035f32-ee60-43ec-889...

Hope this helps and I will definitely pass on your feedback.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

Re: When will Sprint begin offering the service of viewing the numbers of text messages sent and received?

DANIADR,

Thanks for passing along the feedback.  I got the link this morning on the online chat, but that form needs to be notorized which is antoher cost out of the consumers pocket and it's only good for the time period you are requesting.  Sprint customers should be allowed to have this available to them online when they log into their accounts.  Hopefully the message is heard.  I see that concerns about this go back to 2010...3 years later and still nothing done.  Not great customer service on Sprint's part.

Angie

Wizard

Brechts6Pak,

I understand. I did some research and it looks like we are definitely aware of the concerns customer have regarding text message details and we are trying to see if this is something we can make readily available to our customers.

Nothing official yet, but your concerns have been heard.

We are on it.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

Other service providers offer this almost immediately so it cannot be a legal issue.  I have 2 teens and would like to see who they are texting immediately, not 2 weeks after the fact.  Having to get a notarized form is an extreme inconvenience.  I can see every phone number called.  What is the difference with texts?

Wizard

KMB72966,

Thank you for posting. I also thought so myself, but after doing a bit more research for Brechts6Pak it turns out it's a lot more to it. 

However, this still may be a possibility for our customers but I don't have any official word on it yet.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

You don't need Sprint to do this.  You can just keep your texts if you want.  Why in the world someone would want to go back and read old texts is beyond me but just don't erase them.  Also there are MANY apps that let you back up and restore texts.

Journeyman

Really>?  You want this to spy on your kids?  Wow I am glad you are not my parent.  Proper parenting skills are betetr than using technology to spy on others.  If you do not trust your kids with a cell phone do not get them one.  Seems pretty simple...  Just my opinion.

Journeyman

I want to see who test msgs are being sent to and received from.  I know a young girl who was testing a rapist.  The number gave him away.  Was available on Verison.  Sprint needs to step up.  I don't buy the crap about its more complicated or a lot more to it.  Its my account and all phones are mine.  I pay for them.  I can't backup a phone not in my possesion.  Would be better to see and have ability to read the message content.  I don't want some bleeding heart saying "well you should have known and had better control".

Lets get the info available and stop dragging your feet.  Get you head out of the dark place.

Journeyman

Testing? Huh?  I thought we were talking TEXTING.  Anyway how would you know that someone is or is not a rapist by seeing their text message and phone number?  Like I said earlier if you don't trust your kids with a cell phone then don't let them have one.