cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the "please hang in there with us" stop and SVD start with Spark devices?

Journeyman

When will the "please hang in there with us" stop and SVD start with Spark devices?

I travel the US often on biz. I'm in Spark areas like Atlanta and LA often, but still have to tell colleagues and customers "I will have to check e-mail and call you back". I had high hopes that buying a Spark device last fall might enable simultaneous voice data by winter or spring, but now 2015 is now half over and still working with the antiquated technology in my iPhone 6.

I'm aware of the extra antenna that was in my Samsung S3 and how SVD worked on my old device. I'm also aware that you can simultaneously talk/surf when on wifi like in 2010 with a smartphone, so please don't offer that option. Will Sprint be able to offer this simultaneous talk/surf     service again on Spark devices (without having to restrict usage to wifi in order to talk/surf)?? I read something about Marcelo Claure stating that Sprint might be the number 1 or 2 network in 18-24 months. Shouldn't you at least be able to offer this capability first??

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: When will the "please hang in there with us" stop and SVD start with Spark devices?

the rumor is some time towards the end of 2015 give or take..keep in mind that any add on abilities to a tower would have to start up AFTER all the other upgrades have been completed in that area. and there are quite a few areas out there that are near completion or ramping up to be completed..there are a few blogs out there about it but as usual unless its talked about publicly its all rumors/hearsay

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Re: When will the "please hang in there with us" stop and SVD start with Spark devices?

I thought this issue was due to the newer phones only having one antenna. But totally agree with the OP, it seems like a major step backward.

Journeyman

Looks like nothing new is happening yet in the USA w/ Spark. An update on my experience with simultaneous talk/surf on my Spark-enabled iPhone 6: when roaming in September in Canada on the Rogers network, I had simultaneous talk/surf on my Sprint iPhone 6.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.