Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Sprint Allows Abusive Spouse To Have More Rights Than Partner?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why Sprint Allows Abusive Spouse To Have More Rights Than Partner?

Being in an abusive, controlling relationship is hard enough as it is, but why does Sprint make it even more difficult?  Money is tight when fleeing for your life.  Finding out my car was taken because sprint allowed a tracker device to be on my phone was a horrible surprise.  When I called to have it removed, they told me they couldn't because I am not the primary account holder, I only pay the bill.  I went to make a call to my parents, only to find out that I couldn't call them and they couldn't receive anything from me.  Apparently parental controls had been added to my phone.  Last, I discovered that my texts were being forwarded to my spounse for him to read.  Apparently there is an App for this too.  Again, Sprint cannot help me because I am not the primary.  Its like being punched in the stomach knowing that as an adult, paying for own phone, that I have no control over my communication or safety as long as I continue carrying Sprint!  How can Sprint allow such violations to occur?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Why Sprint Allows Abusive Spouse To Have More Rights Than Partner?

FOlder78,

We are so sorry to hear about your situation and the difficulties you have had with your account. Please know that at Sprint we are very concerned about customers affected by domestic abuse and  we want to assist them. In these cases we can separate a customer’s account from an abuser’s account. We would like to assist you.  To protect your personal information, please send an e-mail to sprintcares@sprint.com so we can work with you to address this right away.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

Re: Why Sprint Allows Abusive Spouse To Have More Rights Than Partner?

I would recommend separating your phone from that account ASAP. Get your own acct.

Another thing you can do, since they are the primary account holder, they are responsible for the account and billing. Get your own account with a new phone. In most cases you can get a really good deal as a NEW subscriber contract. Have all the contacts and other information transferred to the new phone and on the new phone txt or email everyone with your new number. Then leave the old phone in their mailbox or something and let them take care of it from now on since they seem to want to control the use of the phone anyway. Win win situation, you get a new phone and contract and you get to stick them with the old phone and having to pay the old contract completely.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.