cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you need my Drivers License

Journeyman

Why do you need my Drivers License

Yesterday I went to sprint to buy out some phones.  I was told that they could not do anything on my account until the scanned my drivers license front and back.  What the Hell does my drivers license have to do with my cell service.  I had to agree, no option, to Sprint then giving my information to a 3rd party for "Analytical" study.  They would not help me until I agreed to all of this.  UNBELIEVABLE.  As soon as my contract is up, it is goodbye Sprint.   Nobody should stand for this.

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: Why do you need my Drivers License

Hey bethmpowell. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Where you told the scanning of the Drivers License was to give the information to a 3rd party for an Analytical study?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I came across this post because I was ready to post a similar one after having to submit to the same prerequisite at a Sprint store.  And it appears to be the standard mandate some six months later.  Before the sales rep said he could access my account, he needed my drivers license.  I offered a different form of ID (a government ID - one that is equally as official as a state drivers license), but he said he needed a drivers license so he could scan it.  I asked him why Sprint is scanning drivers licenses and he assured me that Sprint was not saving it on file, rather, it is used for verification.  Mind you, I still had to answer additional security questions to prove I was who my drivers license said I was.  So if the rep claims the drivers license is a form of verification, then why scan the drivers license?  Why not just ask to present it?  Why do you need a drivers license to access your account in a store, but only answer one security question over the phone?  I find it hard to believe that my scanned ID was NOT saved on file and will NOT be used for some other purpose.

Wizard

Hey. So IDs are scanned as a more efficient way to authenticate your account. A lot of people tend to forget their pin or security answer, so this is an alternative way to verify the account. If the account holders name on the account doesn't exactly match the one on the ID, then they will ask you for the security answer or the pin. I assure you, this isn't to save or file your info somewhere. This is more to protect your account and to make sure that no fraudulent activities are being done.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.