Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling "Enablement error"

Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFi calling "Enablement error"

Hi,

I recently switched back to sprint from T-Mobile. When I was with sprint before, WiFi calling on my iPhone 7 worked flawlessly without any issues however on my daughter’s iPhone 6, it took quite a while before it started working, it kept  saying  to call Sprint to enable Wi-Fi calling but one day it just started working. Now that I’m back on sprint, Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone 7 is again working flawlessly but on my daughters iPhone sex it’s not working. I keep getting the Enablement error 1282. I saw all the posts in the other WiFi calling enablement error thread, and I called sprint support but the agent wasn’t able to fix the issue.

can someone please assist me?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Wizard

I'd be happy to help. On your daughter's phone, is Wi-Fi calling enabled in her settings?

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Highlighted

Hi Krow32,

I am trying to turn on WiFi calling, I get directed to sprint’s please wait page then I get enablement error 1282

3CC89D86-664D-48B2-AE01-E40A74542D62.jpeg

E62C3D9B-DC6A-4540-9FB3-C0FED3A27F97.jpeg

Highlighted

Hey @Sabirsheikh123,

We'd like to take a closer look at your case. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hi Sprint Support,

I'm having the exact same problem on the four iPhones on my account--wifi calling tries to activate and then says "Enablement Error" and gives error code 1282.  Can you please let me know how I can get this fixed?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Have you tried any troubleshooting to see if that helps?

Don't worry, be happy!
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Highlighted

Yes, I have tried troubleshooting.  I have followed all directions (and also restarted the phone repeatedly) and nothing helps.

My understanding is that Sprint has to disable and then reenable Wifi calling for my device on your end.  Please let me know how to make this happen.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Let me see what I can find out for you. Please bear with me and I will let you know what's up here soon.

Don't worry, be happy!
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Highlighted

Actually my issue was never resolved and I gave up. The sprint agents would call me and leave me a voicemail, and I would call them back multiple times and leave them a voicemail but they'd never call back.

Highlighted

That is distressing--so your Wifi calling still doesn't work?

Highlighted

Hey @snickerlater and @Sabirsheikh123. Here are some questions that I need to ask about the Wi-Fi calling.

Go to settings>Phone>Wi-Fi Calling>Allow Wi-Fi Calls. Is that on? If not, turn on.

Do your phones have iOS software version 8.3 or higher and Carrier 19.1 or higher?

Go to settings>Wi-Fi. Is that on? If not, turn on.

Let me know.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Highlighted

Hi, thanks for your help with this.  Yes, Wifi calling is enabled, but it doesn't activate--instead I get a Sprint screen that says "enablement error."  I have power cycled the device a half dozen times and it still does not work.  See attached screenshot below.

I am running iOS 11.4.1 and Sprint 32.0 and I am connected to a Wifi network.

Image-1.jpg

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.