cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wimax no more?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Wimax no more?

Not sure what wimax is about but I went to the apple store to ask a question about my outdated iphone 4s (which ive been trying to upgrade for the past 6 months) and the girl told me there is no use in fixing it because sprint service is not even going to support my phone for much longer. I was blown away. My contract is not up till march so if this ends the 6th of november what is sprint doing for us in this situation? Sick of the back and forth with this company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Wimax no more?

Your iPhone will continue to work the same. No change. However, you should upgrade as all new devices work on Sprint's new network (simply put). It will provide you greatly enhanced voice and data(internet) signal strength. And it will get you out of prehistoric 3G speeds and into 4G LTE. And lots more features(Wifi calling)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
GrandMaster

WIMAX was Sprints original 4G network..over the last couple years they have switched up and are now going with 4G LTE instead. much faster (depends on the area and how their towers are working) and usually more reliable. the Iphone 5 i believe and up is able to use 4GLTE but i would have to double check on that one..if youre going to upgrade you need to make sure its to a phone that is LTE capable OR make sure its Spark capable so you can use the 3 bands of LTE that Sprint currently has/is in the process of finishing.

your phone will continue to work on 3G only and can still make calls just fine.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Your iPhone will continue to work the same. No change. However, you should upgrade as all new devices work on Sprint's new network (simply put). It will provide you greatly enhanced voice and data(internet) signal strength. And it will get you out of prehistoric 3G speeds and into 4G LTE. And lots more features(Wifi calling)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i pulled in a 70+ mbps down speed test the other day on band 41...it was mind blowing lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

And the reason your current iPhone will continue to work the same is because it is not a Wimax technology device. Your iPhone is 3G only. There has never been a Wimax iPhone at Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.