cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buy new phone for full price while under 2year contract

Highlighted
Journeyman

buy new phone for full price while under 2year contract

Last year I bought a phone at discounted price and signed up for another 2year contract to do so. It’s been a year into my contract now and I want a new phone. 

For example Can I buy a new iPhone from apples website an pay the full retail price and then activate it even though I signed a 2 year contract last year. The 2 year contract is just a contract that I will stay with sprint service for 2 years not that I will have the same phone for 2 years right?

if I do buy new phone for full retail price then activate it while in 2 year contract I will just have to pay the activation fee with sprint, right?

or am I wrong...

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: buy new phone for full price while under 2year contract

Hi Jsanders91. A two-year service agreement means that the line attached to that contract will continue service with us for two years. If you want to buy a new phone at full price and activate it on that line you can do it, there is no problem with that. Most of the iPhones can be activated in our Network, but make sure that it is supported, you can find that information in http://sprint.co/2t2oSyj . As you mentioned, an activation fee may apply.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

it was a contract and not a lease or instalment payments correct? and was it a regular 2 year contract and not for example a deal with the iphone for life or forever deal?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, it was just a regular 2 year contract. No installments, no lease, just 2 year contract 

Journeyman

Jsanders91. Yes, you can activate the new device on the line attached to the two year contract if the phone is purchased at full price.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.