cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc evo 4g lte jelly bean update breaks google maps navigation

Journeyman

htc evo 4g lte jelly bean update breaks google maps navigation

Updated to jelly bean on the evo 4g LTE and now Google maps navigation crashes after 10 minutes of use. I have been sending error reports , hopefully a fix comes out soon because I really like Google navigation over others. Anyone have this problem?

79 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: htc evo 4g lte jelly bean update breaks google maps navigation

Same for me. I can't use maps for more than a minue or two before it crashes.

Journeyman

Mine is doing the sme thing.it freezes and crashes.i cant even use it 1 min. very frustrating...

please post if you find a solution. i will do the same.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. Any word on how to fix it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

BUMP

We need this fixed!

Journeyman

I may have found a fix, I uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled updates to google maps. I did not open maps portion but only navigation. Also, I did not download any maps for offline use as well. I used the navigation last night for a 40 minute ride to my destination and then home and did not crash or freeze once. Also, if you are worrying about loosing bookmarked places, Google saves them so they will come back along with your recent history. Hopefully this will be a solution until Google/HTC come out with an update. O and the Group photo addition in the camera is really cool!

Journeyman

I tired to uninstall then reinstall but that did not work for me either. Please someone find a fix!!

Journeyman

The same issue exists for Galaxy S3,  update came out a month or so ago and na igation hasn't worked since.   The video will crash after a minute but the audio turn by turn continues just fine... No luck with uninstalling or any other voodoo...  It's just broken...

Journeyman

Since the update to Jellybean, Nav has been crashing. I found that the crash occurs at a set time such as when the screen dims to conserve energy.  

I disabled "screen dims between instructions to conserve power" I drove around for 30 mins earlier and did not encounter a crash with the nav app.

I hope to test it again tomorrow morning.

<p>See screenshot below.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/b00ga/craigslist/Untitled.png

I tested again this morning, this time driving a longer distance as compared to last night where I drove around the same area for about 30 minutes.

So far no crashing on Google Navigation.

The steps I took:

Uninstalled Maps - Reboot

Apply Updates - Reboot

Disable "screen dims between instructions to conserve power" (See screenshot)

THIS WORKED! The uninstall/apply update may not be necessary, but it was a step that I took.

Note that people who are having trouble with Navigation crashing will say that crashes occur after X amount of time. I suspect X= the amount of time set on the Display > Sleep settings. I realize that there are some in this forum who refuse to "troubleshoot", but for those who are willing could you test this theory out for me. Count the amount of time when you start Navigation directions to the time that it crashes. See if the time equals X.

This step solved the NAV crashing issue for me. It is obvious that it does bypass power saving features of the app, but I have the option to plug in to charge in the car, so I have no problem with it.

Journeyman

This fixed my problem on my Samsung Galaxy S3, thanks!

now if sprint will finally fix the issue

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.