cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc evo 4g lte jelly bean update breaks google maps navigation

79 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: htc evo 4g lte jelly bean update breaks google maps navigation

Found a fix for this issue.  Factory reset phone, DO NOT sync Google apps or settings during setup wizard.  First thing needs to be done is update the Google Maps.  Try the Google NAV, should work.  After that, try installing each app one by one to find out which one breaks it.  Found that Voicemail update was one of the software that breaks Google NAV.

GrandMaster

did a quick test a second ago using google maps..navigation took the quickest routes..maps on the other hand sends me on some odd route just to get home..some other road to get to the highway even though all i have to do is turn left and im right to the onramp...now it takes me some other route a mile or so down the road to get on to another on ramp that passes right past the closest one..genius..im already missing navigation lol

GrandMaster

i havent had any issues with it what so ever...well until now seeing as how its no longer lol..heck i used it last week even though i knew where i was going..i just wanted to make sure i didnt miss a turn since the GF likes to ramble on...especially when im in a high traffic highway area..

Journeyman

Yeah, I agree.  One of my favorite ways to navigate is using the google search voice command "Navigate to..." It's the fastest option, and works very well.  I'm just glad my nav actually works now.

GrandMaster

im leaning towards worse. if people wanted to use google maps they would have in the first place lol..navigation was straight forward and to the point..you needed directions somewhere it was right there without any extra things to do..

Journeyman

There is no longer a shortcut for navigation.  To use navigation, you have to open up maps and then press the merge arrows in the search bar.  For better or for worse, they're trying to simplify the app.

GrandMaster

you still have the navigation app on your phone? i did the update this morning on my One and the navigation app is no longer even available..its nowhere in the app drawer..no bueno

Journeyman

Finally, this has been fixed with the latest update to Google Maps.  Version 7.0.  I only spent 7 months without working Google Maps Navigation .

Journeyman

After several months being a part of the thread, I am amazed at how many people want to blame sprint or find a work around for google crap.  PEOPLE, look.  The software is designed by google.  It is there responsibility to make sure it works on all phones.  As you can tell, they don't care that the HTC 4G LTE is one of the few phones that it does not work on.  So as a consumer you need to overload Google or try Scout.  I was using Telenav before they revamped there product to Scout and I really like the Scout Navigation program.  Its time for you to move on.  When your favorite restaurant hires a new cook and they continue to overcook your steaks, you move on to a new place to eat.  The owner will only give you a free steak once.

Journeyman

Found possible fix for Google Navigation crash issue.  Have gone through 3 Sprint EVO LTE with same results.

Here is the steps I took:

1. Factory default phone.

2. During setup wizard did not setup syncing with Google or HTC.

Important do not allow Google account to sync because it will download apps and settings.  We will setup Google account later.

3.  Once phone setup is done immediately install latest Google Map update.  Once installed test Navigation to see if app still crashes.

I had install one app one by one and found the voicemail update is the app that is causing navigation to lockup and crash.

Have tested this on 3 different EVO LTE and seem like my navigation issue has been resolved.  Again I had disabled auto app update.  Let me know if this fix helps.