cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S sending duplicate text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 4S sending duplicate text messages

Today, my iPhone 4S has been sending duplicate text messages. More specifically it has been sending multiple text messages that have been sent originally over a week ago again today. Also, there is a "Message Send Failure" on almost every text I sent today. This occurrence has happened many times before. I would very much appreciate help on this topic.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: iPhone 4S sending duplicate text messages

Homais:

This sounds a bit odd.  I’d be more than happy to look into this for you.  It’s possible it could be tower related, but not likely.  Are you using an after-market program to send text messages?  Have you been having any data issues of late?  For now, let’s do this:  Turn your device off for 5 minutes and turn it back on.  If it wants to do any updates, let it proceed.  Go to the dial pad and enter ##873283# then hit call/send button.   Let me know if it says “Failed” or “Completed.”  

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply!

I am not using an after-market program to send text messages. As for the data issues, I have them sporadically over the last couple months.

I did what you said and it was "Completed."

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having the same problem with my iPhone 4 and multiple texts, failed texts and very slow sending texts, especially with picture attachments.   The very slow or lack of signal problem is also being experienced by a co-worker with the same phone and same carrier as me.  There are other iPhone users with different carriers in my office that are not experiencing problems.

Highlighted
Wizard

Homais:

“Completed” is very good.  Please let me know if you are still having the multiple text issue. 

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

DMR27:

I’d be happy to help you with this as well.   Turn your device off for 5 minutes and turn it back on.  If it wants to do any updates, let it proceed.  Go to the dial pad and enter ##873283# then hit call/send button.   Let me know if it says “Failed” or “Completed.”   Are you using an after-market messaging program?  Also, please provide me with your zip and two cross streets.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.