Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing

iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing does anyone know how to get it back??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing

edgarr-I,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. Did you have the hotspot added to your account?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

edgarr-I,

Thanks for posting. Are you unable to the 'Personal Hotspot' option under your settings?

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

The option for personal hotspot is not there and it is on my account to use it. I've even reset my phone to factory settings to see if it would work and didn't

Journeyman

edgarr-I,

Was it there previously when you had the service added?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  Have tried ALL the recommended "fixes" up to, and including, restoring to original settings.  Occasionally, the 'personal hotspot' option will appear with a spinning "wait" wheel but will disappear after about 30 seconds.  Once, I even got the 'personal hotspot' set up and connected my iPad to it... for about 15 minutes. Then it disappeared again.  Nothing seems to be a permanent fix.  I have been to the Sprint store and they initiated a "forced" profile update and the customer service person witnessed the disappearance of the 'personal hotspot.'

iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.3  BUT... this does not seem to be phone or iOS specific as there are many instances of this happening with iPhones 4 and 5 models, and iOS from 5, 6, and 7.

STILL WAITING FOR A LEGITIMATE FIX!

Journeyman

I Finally got it working now, after all the calls to Sprint/Apple customer care and Sprint stores and no one knew how to get it stay, it would show up and then disappear. I went to three different Sprint stores, called Apple once, and called Sprint customer care about 4 times. Finally after the fourth time i called  they got it working.

If i remember correctly this is process that i went through to get it working was..

turn phone off

after a while turn back on

do profile update ##873283#

then reset network settings

and then phone would turn back on and it should be back where it should be.

you should do this while on a different phone if you call through Sprint customer care.

Journeyman

KJFINISON,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. I apologize for the issues you have experienced. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that edgarr-I has posted? Let me know if that works.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

edgarr-I,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear that it is working again.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes, I have tried all those, plus more.  Nothing works permanently.  If it does show up at all, it disappears after about 30 seconds.

Journeyman

Followed this exactly... hotspot never even showed up; not even for 30 seconds.

Journeyman

I forgot to put while doing this wifi has to off.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.