cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving texts since 2/1

Journeyman

Yes they always assume it is the phone and not their network. Most of the time it is their network. I had Verizon and never had any problems. Makes me regret switching now....They claim the problem is fixed after calling them today but texting still does not work. The only way I get my texts is if I call myself they come through which it never happened before till the tower went down or something happened to it....

Journeyman

I am also in the Brecksville area and have spoken with 2 reps since Friday.  Was told this afternoon that service should be restored by tomorrow at 11:32am.  I certainly hope so.  I am also having problems receiving calls. My phone is ringing about 8 times before it actually rings on the cell phone.  So not only am I missing texts, but phone calls too.  Can I get a credit on my bill, for the problems this is causing me???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would call Sprint and ask them to credit your account.

I was on the phone with Sprint three times yesterday and finally asked to speak with a supervisor as I felt I was getting conflicting information. The supervisor was very nice, and showed me a few things I didn't know as to how to back up things on my phone in case I had to take it down to factory settngs. She advised that someone would call me back to troubleshoot my phone and after two hrs of doing what Denise suggested, with none of it resolving the problem, I asked what Sprint is going to do since I am not getting the service I am paying for. She said she would credit my account, how much I do not know, but I will be following up on this as well. You may want to call them back if this is not fixed by the time they told you.

I have a feeling that this will take a while for them to fix, but as long as we keep on them individually, as well as collectivly, they will have to get to the bottom of this texting/vm problem as it is unacceptable for this to go on much longer.

Journeyman

Re: not receiving texts since 2/1

Bad news...From what I was told a few minutes ago the issue has been resolved and the supervisor got a lil snippy with me stating that it probably is only affecting a few people. But we created a help ticket and they will look into it within 72hrs...So not sure where the one guy got that the issue will be fixed by tomorrow. According to Sprint and the super is they thought the issue was resolved and closed the ticket. So yeah I dunno what to do from here. If they keep not fixing it I may have to think about looking into a different carrier.

Journeyman

it's becoming pretty apparent that it's affecting more and more people, it's just taking a stupid long time to go through the bs to find out that no, it's not our phones or something we did, that it's the network. if i go 3 miles south of where i live (from northfield to macedonia) my texting service works just fine. so i'm sure that the longer this issue continues, the more people (hopefully) that they are being manipulated in order to give sprint sometime to clean up whatever problem this may be. and yeah, i want my acct credited for this. it's just silly.

Journeyman

Hey guys. I too have been having this problem since last Wednesday. They have all given me the same information as they did you. They did tell me last night that service should be back today, but who knows with them. They have been giving me the run around since last week. Ask them to credit your account for the texts you havent been able to use. I havent been getting incoming calls either.

Journeyman

Same problem here. I'm in Broadview Heights. This is my business phone and clients can't contact me. What is the problem and why is it taking so long to fix?

Journeyman

Still having issues.  We were told the problem was resolved, but I am still not getting my texts. Twinsburg here. Zip 44087.  Just got off the phone once again with Sprint who took me through the same updates etc...she sent me a test text during the updating process and it came through instantly....but every time they did these updates (last Thursday and Friday) I noticed I would get some texts coming through.  So she thought it was resolved since I got her test text.  I sent myself one right after the phone call and my husband sent my one and I still have not received them.  The issue is not resolved.  I can also sometimes get a few texts to come through by calling out but not every time. Very frustrated.

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with them about 30 minutes ago.  You are not going to believe this.  The tech told me that a ticket number was NEVER created for the issues we are having.

That the people I've talked to noted an ticket open in the area, but never reviewed the ticket nor did they add a ticket number to the service call.  The tickets that were in, were for things unrelated to the delayed or no text messages and phone calls issues. (she read them to me on the phone) - - - -There is an open ticket now and I have a ticket number and a direct phone number to the csp I spoke with today.

I then spoke to a supervisor and asked him why are we getting conflicting answers to this problem, when in fact the problem does not even have a service ticket applied to it.  He really didn't have an answer, but stated, "when issues like this arise, he contacts the supervisor of the techs who have dropped the ball".

I made it very clear that they are interrupting the operation of my business and will be applying a credit to my account once this issue is resolved.

Also made it very clear, that if it was not resolved post haste, that I would be going higher up and will also drop them as a carrier.

In other words, we have been getting the shaft from all of these csp's and who knows when this will be fixed.  But I've got news for them; they've got the right one now!!!  Especially when you are messing with my money.

These are the types of issues I Iove to tackle and will get some results.

Journeyman

I called sprint last night since I was told I would get a follow up call from Sunday, and nautrally I didn't, but really didn't expect to either. The person that I spoke with did advise that a ticket was opened in the Northfield area, and they would be sending someone out there soon to check out the Tower.

We all have to realize that Sprint is going to take the path of least resistence, which means they will give us the run around until they find the problem and fix it (that is if they even admit they have a problem) I want to state that up until last week, I was not having any problems with my Sprint service, as everything worked as expected. However, I've noticed that when I do have issues with Sprint, they are BIG issues that take a while to resovle.

I have full faith in this company to get this fixed in the next day or two, but we all need to do our parts and take this to everyone we know. The more people that call sprint the better. Please let's use the social networking that is at our fingertips to our advantage, post to all your friends who have Sprint and live in yoru area to join this thread, and call Sprint. The only way this will get resolved is if we ALL keep calling them asking when this is going to be fixed. Also, if anyone can get a Ticket # for their area, please post so we can keep track.

So far the list of cities is:

Brecksville

Broadview Hts

Northfield

Twinsburg

Walton Hills