cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reply All" for text messages

Journeyman

How do I "reply all" when I receive a text message that includes multiple recipients on my LG Optimus?

8 REPLIES 8

Maine17g Are you using a 3rd party text messaging application downloaded off the market?

Journeyman

No, I believe I'm using the standard messaging app that was installed on the phone.  Maybe I should download a 3rd party app?  (Thanks for responding so quickly by the way)

Maine17g: You may use a 3rd party text messageing application off the market if you would like. I do want to advised you that if you choose to use a 3rd party application Sprint will not support it, you would have to contact the application developer. I tried to duplicate the issue but I was not able to nor was I able to see any of the other phone numbers that the message was also sent to. Are you able to see the other numbers?

Journeyman

I can view the other numbers the message was sent to(I do this by pressing and holding the message and then selecting "message details") but when I go to reply it only sends it to the original sender; doesn't allow me the option of replying to all.

Can you do that on all text messages that had multiple recipients? Or just ones from certain contacts? I sent a text message to multiple people including an Optimus from an Evo and only the Evo number showed when I looked at the message details.

Journeyman

Yes, I believe I can do that on any message that has multiple recipients.  Should the message app included with the phone already have the "reply all" function or does the Optimus not have this feature?

After physically looking at the device it does not seem to have a "reply all" function

Wizard

I've never noticed that availability before, and I don't know of any systems that will allow you to reply to all of the recipients through standard text messaging. There are a few "group SMS" services, but as far as I'm aware every recipient has to be using that service.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.