cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited plan

Journeyman

unlimited plan

Can existing customers switch to the unlimited plan? I have an old plan with unlimited text & data, but 1500 shared talk min between 2 phones. It seems that the unlimited plan would save me some money on my bill...

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: unlimited plan

I believe you can. You would be required to sign a new 2 year contract, but it can be done. Since you already have phones, I have to ask, has your existing 2 year contract already finished? If not, you may have to pay an ETF so that the phones can be transferred to the new contract. If the old contract is complete then you own the phones outright and you can have them added to the new contract without leasing or buying new phones.

Just be sure the plan your thinking of isn't exclusive to new customers. Some deals or speacials on plans are exclusive to new customers and for existing customers the same deal may not apply. So find out before making the switch.

If you post the plan your thinking of, us or a a customer service rep can help deterimine if it's a plan you can switch to or if it's a new customer plan.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Sprint Social Care

kimiko62898

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Yes, existing customer can take advantage of our Unlimited Freedom plan, where the first line pays $60, the second line $40 and any additional line $30 with Active Auto-Pay.

Please keep in mind that if it’s been less than 24 months since discounted phone purchase there is a $25 subsidized phone charge per month/line applied systematically.

The device needs to be Non-discounted, which is:

Monthly Installments.

Sprint Lease Programs.

Paying full price (full SRP).

CPO (certified pre-owned).

Or activating a new line with a bring your own device.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This (ME) Existing customer want's the new $90 plan for 5 phones is it available today?

Journeyman

Hi Ciara,

I upgraded my phone in Sept 2016, and signed a 2yr agreement... so that means if I switched to the unlimited plan now, it'll be $100 for 2 lines + $25/month?

Sprint Social Care

Hello kimiko62898 and WirelessCaller1.

Thanks for reaching out. If you upgrade in September but only one line, then the Subsidized charge will only be $25.

Let me explain the Unlimited Freedom plan. This plan works for customers without a two year contract. The first line is $65, second line is $45 and the third line is $35. (3-10 are $35). When you subscribe to our NVP Discount program or are already getting that discount, each line receives a credit of $5. In addition, if you sign up for Auto pay you receive an additional $5 per line. For a customer with two lines, they will only pay $55 for the first line and $35 for the second line after the discounts. A Total of $90. To check if you qualify for the NVP discount visit: Sprint.com/verify.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Be careful how you make these plan changes ...

I dropped a line with Sprint nearly a month ago upon which I visited a local Sprint Store to make changes to my talk/text/data plan to accomodate the one line better. I was told on that visit the plan was updated to being a single line, unlimited talk/text/data. I now see this change did not in fact happen as I was told! I have tried calling Sprint multiple times to get this looked at and end up being on hold for 30 minutes and then transferred around to 3-4 different people to ultimately have my call disconnected. Any tips/suggestions? I don't feel I should be responsible for paying for the family unlimited plan when it was supposed to be changed.

jcarr621

We totally understand how you feel about this and this is definitely not how we strive treat our customers. Allow us the opportunity to have this resolved once and for all. Please reply to my Private Message.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.