cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to delete pre-installed apps

Journeyman

want to delete pre-installed apps

Is there any way to delete apps that were pre-installed on my galaxy epic?

13 REPLIES 13
GrandMaster

Re: want to delete pre-installed apps

you wont be able to delete them..you MIGHT have the option to disable them though which will wipe out any updates that app has built up and you wont see it in your app try anymore..but no..unless youre rooted you can not delete those built in apps

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Exactly as Fireguy said. Unless you root, there is no way to remove the default apps. You can possibly Disable depending on the phone and version you have, but not delete.

To Disable, try the following,

• Settings > Applications (or similar) > All Tab > search for app

You should see a Disable button which you can press if you are able to Disable.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

dorseymyguy,

Thanks for the post. Which apps are you trying to delete?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I Am trying to delets reprint football, Nascar, asphalt.....thanks for responding any help is appreciated.

Wizard

dorseymyguy,

Thanks for the response, sorry about the delay.

Smotrs provided very good information as you aren't able to completely delete them but you can disable them.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

that is unfortunate, I don't have room on my phone to update the apps that I do use........

Journeyman

not unless you root, and install another rom. Another thing you can do is hide the apps. hit the menu key with the app tray pulled up and you should be able to hide apps. Hope that helps

GrandMaster

you can also disable the apps you dont use or will never use to help save space..just be VERY careful that you dont disable something that is needed on your phone. some of the built in apps work in tandom with the phone itself..if you have questions about any of the apps youre thinking of disabling post and someone will let you know if its safe or not to disable.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

dorseymyguy,

I hear you. Fireguy_6364 has provided a good alternative as well. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

When I pull up the apps it won't allow me to hide the pre installed apps. I have an android phone, could that be the problem?

GrandMaster

depending on which phone you have you might not be able to hide or disable them. when you pull up the apps are you doing it through settings-apps-all?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.