cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the spending limit program charge? and is this legal last year 4.99 this year 7.99?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

what is the spending limit program charge? and is this legal last year 4.99 this year 7.99?

will someone explain what the spending limit program charge is for and is it legal? to to raise it from 4.99 to 7.99

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

bnnawtty95,

The account spending limit program is for those customers who do not have a credit history.The account spending limit is based on the customer's credit bureau history. Account must be open for a minimum of 18 months. Account cannot currently be past due. Account must show positive pay history over the previous 12 months.

Thanks,

- Shyne
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Master

bnnawtty95,

The account spending limit program is for those customers who do not have a credit history.The account spending limit is based on the customer's credit bureau history. Account must be open for a minimum of 18 months. Account cannot currently be past due. Account must show positive pay history over the previous 12 months.

Thanks,

- Shyne
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

To waive the spending limit charge, you could set up auto payment for your monthly cell phone bill. My credit history is not good enough either and I deposit $250 when I opened my account. Fortunately, the spending limit has not bothered me since I set up the auto payment.

Highlighted
Wizard

"The Account Spending Limit (ASL) program allows us to offer service to customers with lower deposit requirements than our competitors would require for customers with similar credit results."

Actually, I was never even offered a deposit option. They did a credit check when i signed up, and the sales person said I had good credit and that there was no fees or problems. You must also have 18 months of on-time payments (not 12).

AND...this is the important part, deposits, by nature, must be returned to the customer. The fees they charge go directly to their bottom line, pure profit.

So you see. Not only do they now get to keep your money (rather than a deposit), but they can also force you into going with paperless billing AND giving up direct access to your bank account. It's brilliant, and devious, and a very sketchy business practice.

Highlighted
Master

diagoro

We're sorry to hear that you think that way. Our asl program was designed to help our customers who are credit challenge. This program helps monitor customer's spending as to not go over their limit and customers could always sign up with autopay and ebill to avoid these charges.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

What exactly constitutes "credit challenged"??? Is it a low score? I had a good score going in, as stated on my original paperwork.

Any chance you can offer some specifics???

Highlighted
Master

diagoro - Yes, credit challenged would be a low score. However, an ASL can be added based on your payment history. - Kenneisha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Specifics, as in what score is considered low enough to require the fee? And if I understand, you're saying "payment history" as in existing customers, not new ones?

Highlighted
Master

diagoro,

Unfortunately we don't have the specific credit score information for the Account Spending Limit program. A payment history in general will contribute to a credit score among other things. A positive pay history over the previous 12 months is one of the requirements to upgrade your Account Spending Limit so that you are able to add more lines to your account.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

I should have expected nothing but corporate half-speak...............

And for the record, while I'm still stuck with this unethical fee, I was also offered a second line. As always, anything to justify more fees, more money, more more more....

Highlighted
Master

diagoro-

We will waive the spending limit charge if you sign up for recurring AutoPay and eBill.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

diagoro- We will waive the spending limit charge if you sign up for recurring AutoPay and eBill. - JaSherai Sprint Social Care

If I do this, if I do that. How about waiving the fee because it wasn't disclosed openly when I signed up????? How about being honest? So you want to rectify a wrong by having me give you access to my bank account. Not going to happen!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.