cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your phone number could not be verified. please try again

Journeyman

I just got my EVO 3D, i came from a EVO 4G and i cant set up my google voice.  getting an error message saying "your phone number could not be verified.  please try again"

could it still be tied to my old EVO?  i dont have it anymore since i sold it.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

It should be tied to you phone number. Have you tired deactivating and activating you number on google voice.

Journeyman

Re: your phone number could not be verified. please try again

how do i do that?  my google voice number is different from my sprint number

Wizard

Re: your phone number could not be verified. please try again

1. Go to http://www.google.com/voice and log on with google account information.
  2. Click phone number or click Settings.
  3. Click Voice Settings
  4. In Settings, click Disable
Journeyman

there is no disable option.  also keep in mind the number listed is not my sprint number.

GV.JPG

Wizard

Try these steps to verify the forward to your replacement device:

http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=144586

Journeyman

it says "this number is already in use as a cell phone on another google voice account"  which is probably why i'm getting an error message on my phone saying it cant verifiy my number. 

I also tried clicking on Change/Port and going to "Use your Sprint mobile number with Google Voice"  and i got an error.  i think my account just needs to be reset or something?

Wizard

I wish I had better advice on this one.  We are very limited on our support documents and generally have to advise customers to use Google's support site for additional troubleshooting.  The only other thing I can think of to attempt from a device perspective is to dial *73 to disable call forwarding and then run the verification again.  I'll keep searching Googles site for any additional information.  If any other Google Voice users have any advice, your input would be helpful.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.