cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION: How do I block Caller ID?

Question

Recently, my doctor called and I noticed that nothing showed up for his name or number in my Caller ID.  Can I do this? Is there a way I can block my phone number and name from showing up in Caller ID? Will this prevent telemarketers and scammers calling me ?

Answer

You can prevent your name and number from appearing when you call others by enabling Block Caller ID through your My Sprint account, just follow these instructions:

1. Access My Sprint account
  2. Locate the phone that will have the caller id block.
  3. Select Change my services.
  4. In the Setup your phone section, select the Block Caller ID option
    • To unblock on a per call basis, enter *82 and the phone number when dialing.
    • To unblock all calls, deselect the Block Caller ID option through the same processed used to set up

Unfortunately, scammers often dial numbers completely at random, meaning that they're not actually calling you specifically, they're just dialing a random number hoping someone answers.  Telemarketers either work this same way (a computer dials a random number or every number in a certain area code and exchange) or through 'lead lists' that they purchase from companies that sell your information.  Blocking Caller ID cannot prevent these kinds of calls, but you can put yourself on the National Do Not Call Registry.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎03-05-2018 04:25 PM
Updated by:

Contributors
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive and helpful space for all members.
Before you post, please be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines. Have concerns? Send a private message to @Em_Will_I_Am or @Seawolf, and we'll check it out!