cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen on leased phone with insurance

Journeyman

Cracked screen on leased phone with insurance

Since I have insurance and I lease my iPhone 7 is the cracked screen covered 100% ?

10 REPLIES
Master

Re: Cracked screen on leased phone with insurance

Yes and no. While the screen is covered, there is still a deductible that would have to be paid for the repairs. Much like insurance on a car.

My recommendation would be to contact Apple first or go through one of the various Apple stores and see if they can help you. The repairs through them may be cheaper then the actual deductible.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community Manager

Thanks for the assist @smotrs.  @sfath75 you can take a look at the prices of repairs and claims by going to the Sprint Total Equipment Protection page.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Master

@sfath75 I should also mention, stay away from those fly by night stores or kiosks you find in the mall. You could potentially void the warranty including the insurance if they don't do it per Apples specifications.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

So what is the difference between Sprint insurance the total protection plus and Apple Care insurance I kind a looked at both and it seems like Apple Care is way better when I called the sprint store today they told me just to make an appointment at an Apple store and they will swap out the phone and I have to pay the deductible 

Journeyman

I have sprint total protection plus and then I happen to look and see that there is AppleCare which is a lot cheaper now I don't know which one I should have I'm gonna make an appointment at the Apple Store but I'm thinking about canceling my sprint insurance because it's more money and it seems like it covers less

Master

1. It's only available with Apple devices.
  2. If you have a store local to you, they can handle it in the store. If no store is available, both would have to be sent in.
    1. TEP would go to a 3rd party insurance company called Asurion who you would pay the deductible to.
    2. AC would go to Apple and you would pay them the deductible.
  3. If you had an Android, I would mention that with TEP, they can sub the phone with another equivalent if they don't have any replacement versions of the phone you send in. I haven't heard of that happening with Apple devices though.

If you have Apple Care, then you have no need to have TEP as well. I would cancel it. Both in the grand scheme of things do the same thing.

--

Master

Make sure you can get the AC added before cancelling TEP. Usually you only have X amount of months from time of purchase to have it added for said device. Hate to see you without either.

--

Journeyman

So I'm going to Apple Store today it's $129 to fix it. If I keep the receipt will STPP will they reimburse me? They are more money than Apple care so might drop sprints and get apple care
Master

No, I haven't ever heard of a reimbursement. You can try, but I seriously doubt they will.  Smiley Happy

--

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey there!

I'm a manager for the in store repair process out in the Pacific Northwest.  As @fireguy_6364 mentioned, there would still need to be a deductible, or at least part of it. 

If you have the device protection, you'll be paying half of the whole deductible for the screen repair. Inquire with a local Sprint repair store for options and next steps. Often times, it's cheaper than going through Apple at a retail store, but your situation could vary. 

Hope this helps!

Troy Glidden

Service & Repair Manager

Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. 

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!