BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Sharp Aquos Crystal edge-to-edge

Journeyman

The Sharp Aquos device has an amazing screen, and it’s not because of the pixel density! The “edge-to-edge” design is ridiculously attractive, and I hope it continues as part of phone manufacturers displays for years to come. The screen is not only excellent to look at, but Sharp has brought some really cool features that take advantage of the thinnest bezel to date!

The first feature I want to talk about is called Clip Now. You can enable/disable this feature in settings under the device section. By enabling this feature, you will be able to capture the screen you are viewing with a simple swipe across the top edge of the screen (the animation is pretty cool too!) This may seem like a novel take on the same old screen capture feature available on most devices, but the swipe across the very top of the screen is perfectly intuitive. It makes capturing the screen easy to do with one hand. But wait, there’s more! If it’s a webpage you’re capturing, the URL will be saved along with the screenshot, so you can get back to (or share) the page the image is from.

The next feature I’d like to touch on is the frameless effect. I didn't think this would serve much purpose when I started exploring the device, but now I wish more devices had the ability to show itself off like this one. Frameless effect can be turned on under the display settings. It will show a flash of light around the edges when you turn on the devices display. You can choose the color and pattern within the settings, and it’s a great way to start a conversation about your device. Each time I’m getting ready to show the device to someone, they get to see this effect first, and their eyes light up. I’ve gotten some pretty cool reactions to it, and immediately people want to know more about the display.

It’s safe to say the Sharp Aquos display is the main eye catcher for this device. With feature like Clip Now and Frameless effect, it’s easy to see what sets this device apart from other’s on the market.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Sharp Aquos Crystal

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.