cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharp Aquos Crystal

0 Comments

Forgot your camera at home, don’t fear the Sharp Aquos Crystal has your back. This device feature it’s very own unique features such as:

• FRAMING ADVISOR: Does the thinking for you.  Just align the lines and the camera will do the rest.
  • NIGHT CATCH – Will light up those annoying dark places when you are not able use the flash.
  • SEQUENTIAL SHOTS: Allows you to take multiple pictures with the press of one button to capture someone or something in motion.
  • SHUTTER DETECT & PANORAMA: Like most stand-alone cameras. This device can detect a smile and automatically catch those beautiful smiles.

clip_now_20150201_234028.pngclip_now_20150201_234039.pngclip_now_20150201_234022.pngclip_now_20150201_234212.png

Check out more the details below from Sharp.

This device is equipped with a 8MP rear facing camera and flash and the front facing camera is 1.2MP. BTW, in order to receive a good shot with the front facing camera you will need to hold the phone upside down. It’ awkward, but it works and you will get used to it pretty quick.

The rear cameral also supports 1080P @ 30FPS and the front supports 720@30FPS

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Mobile/Models/AQUOSCRYSTAL-306SH.aspx?#

Product Ambassador Team member L`eroy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Are you a person who likes to share? Well the Aquos Crystal by Sharp makes it easier with CLIP NOW.

You just activated the app from the apps menu and then you are ready to clip away just by swiping your figure across the top edge of the device.

If it is on your device you can CLIP NOW It.

20150201_2322021.jpg

Web pages, maps, photo gallery, apps and much more can shared. One thing I did notice once you have clipped an item to send to the CLIP NOW folder is you only can share one photo at a time. I wish this was an option to allow one to select multiple items to share at one.

clip_now_20150201_231955.pngclip_now_20150201_232050.pngclip_now_20150201_231756.png

The feature does what it says and it is quick and easy to use versus fumbling through a few steps to save and send an item.

Your Product Ambassador Team member L`eroy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

If you are into music, then you this is device for you.

The Aquos Crystal audio features:

• Live Stage – enhances your Harman/Kardon experience giving you a live in person experience as if you were right there with an artist. I have the LG HBS Bluetooth headset as well as a Harman/Kardon speaker and the sound is just beautiful, crisp and clear.
  • CLARI-FI: Is a special technology which allows the device to convert those compressed files back to their original sound.
  • Direct Wave receiver: Just as it says, giving you direct control of your conversations

20150201_230458-1 (1).jpg20150201_230128.jpg

You can check our Sharp’s video here: http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Mobile/Models/AQUOSCRYSTAL-306SH.aspx?#

Product Ambassador Team member L`eroy

0 Comments

I just fired up the Sharp Aquos Crystal smartphone and I am impressed with how crisp the screen looks on the device. I am even more in loved with the edge display of the screen and it is something I have longed to have for quite some time. The only thing I would change is to make the silver portion more functional with touch. However, I am enjoying what I see so far.

20150201_223056 1.jpg

The Sharp Aquos Crystal is packed and ready to take you over the Edge. As I previously mentioned this device has a 5 in display which would allow you to take full advantage of every inch of the screen.

The Operating System is Android 4.4 Kit Kat.

This device has a 1.2 GHz Quad-core snap dragon processor and the memory is 8GB ROM/1.5 RAM and with the up to 128 GB card this device should be able to handle your day to day task in which you have from work and play. You can check out more of the features from here.

Talk time is always a big plus for me and this device will support up to 13 hours of talk time. Again, the battery is a 2040 mah Lithium Ion battery that will help you get through the day.

The display is HD ready sporting 1280x720 CGS LCD

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc8270008prd&deviceSKUId=82700271&flo...=

The notification panel is easy to access and if there is no notification, it tucks away nicely without taking up additional space on the screen. Towards the bottom you will find your usual short cut panel that is customizable and the dedicated back home and multitask options. As I mentioned earlier, my personal previous would be to have this built within the silver portion of the phone.

20150201_2231481.jpg

Overall, I the edge to edge viewing is awesome and the brightness of the screen provides a wonderful view of all of your apps, pictures and videos for your viewing pleasure.

Your Product Ambassador Team member L`eroy

0 Comments

Series 1

The hardware nice and solid with silver edges and along the sides, top and bottom. There is one silver plate at the bottom as well. The top of the glass covers the entire face of the phone.

On the front of the phone at the bottom of the phone you have a self-camera lens along with the light and LED sensor.

20150201_205647-12.jpg

On the bottom base of the device you have the Charger and accessory jack, and the Mic.

20150201_205712-1.jpg

On the left side of the device you will find the volume rocker and on the right side you will find the clean bottomless silver panel.

20150201_205729-1.jpg

On the top, you find a standard 3.5mm and the power key.

20150201_205725-1.jpg

On the back you have a black plastic covering to protect the inside components. The rear facing camera, another mic that is used for recording, flash and speaker.

20150201_205834-1.jpg

You will also notice no removable battery, but it comes equipped to support a microsd slot up to 128GB and a SIM slot.

20150201_205813-1.jpg

Overall, I feel at a first glace the device feels solid in the hands. Coming in at 5.0 inches for the screen I think this is the perfect middle ground to a 3.5 screen and a 6.0 screen device. The slim look and feel is a plus in my book as well. One thing I have noticed with the device that I am not too crazy with is the attraction of figure prints on the screen and on the back cover. I can live with that as I will be purchasing a case to protect my device.

Until next time,

-Your Product Ambassador Team member L`eroy

0 Comments

When you consider a new phone, whether it's a high end, "flagship", super-phone, or a mid-tier device, or entry level PDA, you have to consider what you know about your usage and habits with your mobile devices.

The Sharp Aquos Crystal is a mid-tier device, with flagship qualities that may pique the interest of the budding technophile.  I like to break it up in to PLUSES and MINUSES... so here we go:

PLUS:

NO BEZEL - The absence of a bezel makes the screen pop.  It's also a pretty decent screen.

HARMAN KARDON TUNING - Only one other phone has this, and it's an exclusive flagship device. If you are a music-lover, this could be a deciding factor.

BATTERY LIFE - I've been pleased with my battery life.  There are combinations of things that I do that will hammer my battery on any phone, but this has held up and I've been surprised to see how much battery I have at the end of any given day.

COST - It's mid-range, so you won't dish out the big bucks like you might for a flagship, iconic device. And yet, it's still an eye-catcher.

MINUSES:

NO BEZEL=FEAR OF FALLING - I am constantly worried about dropping the phone, and yet, I don't want to cover it up with a protector.  For those of us with butterfingers, this phone will give you fits. It's NOT delicate, but it looks like it could be... makes me nervous.

CAMERA IS FAIR - There are great features (like a food setting, which I think is fun), but I have not been overly pleased with the overall quality of the pictures. It's not the worst camera, but by no means is it on the same level as the LG G3 or SGS5.

EDGE FUNCTIONS ARE CLUMSY - The screenshot function by sliding your finger along the top edge is not well refined, or maybe not well thought out.  It seems to activate every time I try to view notifications.  It's a cool feature, but a bit intrusive.

There is a long list of things I could say that it doesn't do or that it doesn't do WELL, but I think those would be "apples to oranges" statements.  I have to remind myself that this is a mid-tier device, and in that regard, it does quite well.  Compared to other mid-tier devices, the Crystal sits at the top.  It's still not ready for prime time on the flagship front, but it's a decent daily driver phone for someone who wants a little something more, that looks like a little something more, but doesn't COST like a little something more.

Enjoy!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Aquos2.jpg

I have been using the Aquos Crystal for almost two months now. In the world of mid-range phones I would have to say that this one is the best. The design is really what makes it stand apart from its competitors. These days a lot of phones look the same when they come out. Sharp took a risk at designing a phone with no bezels on the top and sides and it really paid off. I would love to see the higher end model come to Sprint, but for those not looking to spend a lot on a phone I would highly recommend the Sharp Aquos Crystal. Here are my final pros and cons from using this phone:

Pro:
Awesome Design
No Lag
Call Quality – Calls sound crisp and clear
GPS

Cons:
Memory – Buy a micro sd card if you buy this phone
Camera – Decent camera but not the best I have used

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different

parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts

of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product

Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information

in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do

not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to

respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.” 

0 Comments

SharpAquos_black_phone.jpg

My past few weeks with the Sharp Aquos Crystal has been a very positive experience.  I mean no device is without flaws, but the pros in my opinion on this phone outweigh the cons. So let's break this down:

DESIGN

This phone is eye catching, period.  The edgeless display which produces a very good picture and a constant conversation starter is the center of the design win on the Aquos Crystal.  You can definitely see where Sharp could take this design from the mid-level Aquos Crystal and put some premium materials together to make an iconic device.  But the phone all be it plastic head to toe - feels great in the hand, is durable and does a great job of maximizing the design with somewhat of a minimal design.

SOFTWARE

I have to applaud Sharp by opting to keep the Android OS as close to stock as possible.  There was enough of an "overlay" to help make the experience for a new user to get where to go and how to find things.  As a seasoned Android user I liked being able to make the device my own.  I really liked the addition of the Harmon/Kardon ClariFi & LiveStage software, which really have only been seen in high end devices, are a music lovers dream. Another positive of the near-stock OS is that with a smaller amount of on board memory, it leaves you additional space for your favorite apps, pictures or music.

PERFORMANCE

Again pretty solid in this area.  During my time with the Aquos Crystal the only issue I ran into is using up the on-board memory due to my app-hoarding (which I will not apologize for, I love my apps and yes someday I will actually use all of them).  With many other devices I was able to over come my memory eating app addiction by saving larger apps to my micro SD card.  I am hoping that in a future software or OS release that Sharp resolves this, since I could see this taking away from someone's experience on what is a good device otherwise.  Battery life was good, I could get through regular day on a single charge.  The camera took good pictures outdoors and in sufficient indoor light as well, but in low light situations like many mid-tier phones the pictures were washed out and yellow.  I also found that call quality & signal strength was actually better than a couple of my other devices, which was great since in certain places in my home reception is not super strong.  I was able to stay on calls longer and did not have to worry about my call dropping out.

So in closing, if you are looking for a reasonably priced phone with some good looks and performance then the Sharp Aqous Crystal is good choice.  It is attractive to look at, good battery life, good processing/performance and the couple of CONs hopefully will be addressed by Sharp in a future software release.  Enjoy life without edges.

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.    

0 Comments

I just wanted to share my final thoughts on this great device.

If this first device is any indication on the innovation and creative journey this OEM is going to travel, I sincerely hope we keep this line of devices in our portfolios. I’ve never seen anything come close to the bezel-less display. I’m baffled when I see the design alone and know its priced as a “mid-tier” phone. Can you imagine if Sprint and Sharp decided they wanted to make a “high-end” flagship? Of course it would cost more, but since the phone’s starting point is already better than some flagships, the extra cost would be funding out of this world design and specs.

I think that along with the display and cost, this phone rocks the house with its Harman/Kardon audio features and supporting lossless audio files to be one of the best mid-range devices on the market.

Check out my other blogs on the Sharp Aquos Crystal and then go pick one up for yourself.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Sharp Aquos Crystal

- Your Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

Of course everyone talks about the screen and the audio features of Sharp’s Aquos Crystal phone. I mean, they ARE amazing and eye catching, sure. But one of my features may get overlooked in all of the fanfare.

OEMs get…. Um, lets just call it “feedback” from users – mostly in the comments sections of your favorite articles- about their skins of Android. Android is the common OS for most phones, and each manufacturer overlays their own spin and features on Android called “skins.” That is, of course, one of the best things about the Android operating system: Its customizability. But there are many, myself included, who wish OEMs would tone their skins down a bit. There are some companies that put so much extra junk into the UI that the Android version is almost unrecognizable.

But I digress…

Sharp has opted for the leanest version of Android I’ve ever seen outside of Google’s own nexus line of devices. They have added just a handful of features and enhancements, but let the beauty of Android shine through. They didn’t have to add their own animations, or menu colors, or anything else to make the device work perfectly. Slimming down their skin also allows for the OS to run smoothly with no UI lag. You might not see too many people raving over the “Vanilla” flavor of Android, but I would personally love it if more OEMs took note.

0 Comments

Sharp’s new device has obviously got a bunch of cool features surrounding its edge-to-edge display. But there is a lot more under the hood of the Aquos Crystal than meets the eye.

The Sprint device is shipped with Harman/Kardon audio features Clari-Fi and LiveStage. Clari-Fi restores quality back to the audio file lost in the compression stages of production, and LiveStage reproduces sounds to “open up” the music, which may resemble a live performance for some pieces. The phone also supports lossless audio files (more on what those are here: Audio file format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.) All of these fantastic features combined give the Sharp Aquos the punch it needs to be a GREAT media consuming device. Your music will sound better than ever and your videos will be cast on a beautiful HD screen with no(almost) edges. The Aquos Crystal sets the stage when it comes to media devices.

So don’t be afraid to hook this device up to your favorite premium headphones, flip on that Clari-Fi or open up your favorite lossless audio files file and jam out. (Please listen responsibly and at a reasonable volume so as not to damage your ears ;-) )

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go toSharp Aquos Crystal

0 Comments

So I pulled some quick reviews from around the web.  Sites such as Cnet, Engadget, Phone Arena, and Laptop Mag.  I'll give you their final summaries to better help you decide.

Cnet

Cnet.PNG

Full Review Sharp Aquos Crystal (Boost Mobile) review - CNET

Engadget

Engadget.PNG

Full Review Sharp AQUOS Crystal review: mid-range brains meet striking looks

Phone Arena

Phone arena.PNG

Full Review Sharp AQUOS Crystal Review

Laptop Mag

Laptop.PNG

Full Review Sharp Aquos Crystal - Full Test and Benchmark

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

The jury in most cases give the verdict of guilty or not guilty, as a launch ambassador of this team my job is the provide my endorsement or my warnings of not to purchase this phone.

So what is my verdict? Should you buy or pass? Should you spend your hard earned money?

I would say that is is a tentative yes depending your circumstances.

What are you looking for? Is it just calls, text's and some media? If your answer is yes then this phone is for you

Are you looking to do more things i.e play intense games, edit photos?  I would say that you would do better pursuing more powerful phones such as the HTC One M8, or the LG G3

The Aquos is great in that its Sharps entry into the phone battle in the US. Sharp can learn from this effort to bring another phone that will capture the magic of this one and improve where it is seen lacking.

I hope that Sharp continues its edge to edge display which has made it stand out from any other provider.

The phone would be best served given to younger users in my opion.

Thanks

Stan

Sprint IP Services

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Any device that I own must primarily be a media device and then secondary a phone. I feel that the world today operates the same way, people dont communicate with others the way we did in the 80's, 90's or even the early 00's.

In a given day, I listen to atleast 3 podcasts and listen atleast two cd's worth of songs on Spotify.

I average about 2 to 3 pictures a day, no selfies though. Most pics are of my kids.

The Aquos does a good job with audio and video, I am able to run my podcasting app (POCKETCAST) with no issues. The Netflix and Amazon app's run as good as other high end phones on the market.

The camera is decent enough, I wouldnt rate it as the best however I found it to be better than even some high end phones would have.

I would say this phone is not for experienced users that are looking for a high end experience, however I would purchase this for my kids.

My current podcast rotation is as follows, its alot:

The Tony Kornheiser show

The BS Report

PTI

The Starters

The Grizzly Bear Egg Cafe

TWIT

Realtime with Bill Maher

The Brilliant Idiots

SBK live

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”
Stanny George

Sprint IP Services

0 Comments

Aquos2.jpg

My niece turned 13 last week and her parents finally let her get a phone. In order to let her get a high-end phone in the future, she has to start out with mid-range device and show responsibility. Before buying a phone I let her use the Sharp Aquos Crystal for a week to see what she thought about it. The Aquos is a great device for a first time smartphone user with its low price and beautiful design. Here is what she thought about her time with the Aquos:

Apps & Camera – She immediately created an Instagram account and downloaded Vine. She does not play games on her phone so she had plenty of space for the apps that she wanted. Both Instagram and Vine need a good camera and video recorder. Within a few hours she had over 50 pictures posted and they all were actually pretty good quality. The videos that she posted were clear and good enough for posting videos for her friends.

Design – The first thing she said was that she loved the design of the phone. Her friends also loved it and thought it looked unique and original. I had a TPU case on it which hides some of the design, so she took it off and used it without a case. I was happy when it came back in one piece

In the end she was really excited to use the device. Her phone usage pretty much consisted of texts and Instagram. The Aquos Crystal held up very well in those areas. The price is low and the design is beautiful which makes the Aquos a great choice for a first timer.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Se te ha caido el telefono alguna vez? 

Si no se te ha caido, probablemente ni lo agarras con las manos!  Se nos cae a todos nosotros, y yo se MUY BIEN como se siente en el estomago mientras que estas recogiendo el telefono del pizo, rezando que no tiene "la raja".  Y a veces, tenemos suerte, y a veces no.  Entonces que hacemos?

Compramos protectores de marcas Otterbox, o Spigen, o Bodyglove, o marcas "bambas" de Amazon para darle un poco de proteccion al telefono nuestro.  Desafortunadamente, este telefono tiene algo que nos hace dudar nuestra necesidad para un protector... LA PANTALLA SIN BORDE!

Clipped top edge SAC.jpg

Sharp Aquos Crystal tiene ajustes que te permite utilizar el borde del telefono.  Especificamente, se puede jalar la pantalla desde el borde mas arriba para sacar una foto de la pantalla con un ajuste que se llama Clip Now.  Tambien hay efectos que se puede prender alrededor del borde que demuestra el espacio que tiene la pantalla.  Pero lo que yo he visto es que cuando tiene un protector, esos funciones y efectos no trabajan tan bien, y peor... afecta como funciona la pantalla en general. 

No es decir que te obligo usarlo sin protector.  Yo soy MUY torpe con telefonos (se me caen cada nada), y la primera cosa que yo hago cuando tengo un telefono nuevo es buscar un protector.  Pero con este telefono, estoy pensando que quizas vale la pena dejarlo 'pelado' para apreciar toda la pantalla y falta de borde que te ofrece este telefono.

Si no lo has visto, vete a la tienda a verlo.  Es impresionante como luce!

D

Descargo de responsabilidad: Los embajadores de los productos son empleados de Sprint de muchas partes diferentes de la empresa que aman la tecnología. Se ofrecen como voluntarios para probar todo tipo de dispositivos de Sprint y ofrecer opiniones libremente a la Comunidad. Cada Embajador Producto comparte sus propias opiniones de estos dispositivos, por lo tanto, la información en este post no refleja necesariamente las opiniones de Sprint. Las áreas protegidas no son comunicaciones corporativas, atención, apoyo técnico, gestión de producto o de marketing de producto y no se debe esperar a responder a miembros de la comunidad en la capacidad de cualquiera de estos papeles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Sabes que Sprint te ofrece DOS celulares que tienen la afinación de Harman Kardon?  El primero y "mas famoso" es el telefono HTC One M8 Edicion Harman Kardon.  El otro es el Sharp Aquos Crystal.  Que es loque hace?

Harman Kardon es un lider en el mercado de equipaje de sonido.  Fabrican parlantes, audifonos, y componentes de estereos de muy alta calidad.  Sprint recien ha entrado en una nueva relacion con Harman Kardon para ofrecerles productos exclusivamente a sus clientes de Sprint.  Empezo con el parlante Onyx Studio, y despues ofrecimos la Edicion HK del HTC One M8.  Ahora, el telefono Sharp Aquos Crystal tambien tiene la afinación de HK. 

Lo que hace el ajuste son dos cosas: Clari-Fi remueve la compresion de archivos de musica bajada o streaming, y LiveStage hace que la musica suena "mas realistica".  Basicamente, te hace una limpieza a tu musica para brindarte una mejor experiencia con loque sea que estaras escuchando.  La unica cosa es que estos ajustes SOLAMENTE funcionan si estas conectado con audifonos o atraves de Bluetooth.

Y finalmente, el Sharp Aquos Crystal te va a costar menos.

Si usas audifonos de alta calidad para escuchar musica con tu telefono, te recomiendo este telefono por la afinación de Harman Kardon.

S

Descargo de responsabilidad: Los embajadores de los productos son empleados de Sprint de muchas partes diferentes de la empresa que aman la tecnología. Se ofrecen como voluntarios para probar todo tipo de dispositivos de Sprint y ofrecer opiniones libremente a la Comunidad. Cada Embajador Producto comparte sus propias opiniones de estos dispositivos, por lo tanto, la información en este post no refleja necesariamente las opiniones de Sprint. Las áreas protegidas no son comunicaciones corporativas, atención, apoyo técnico, gestión de producto o de marketing de producto y no se debe esperar a responder a miembros de la comunidad en la capacidad de cualquiera de estos papeles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

sharp_aquos_crystal.jpg

Being on the product ambassador team I have been able to use a wide variety of phones. One of the first thing that I test out on each of them is their GPS for health/fitness reasons. Some phones do better than others so it’s important to me that they are as accurate as possible. I also find a good fitness case to keep my phone protected when running. Here is how the Sharp Aquos Crystal stacks up:

I love armband cases when I go for a jog. I have three different sizes that work with most phones (depending on where headphone jack is). The Neoprene Sports Workout case is what I have been using for the Aquos Crystal. It fits perfectly and you can use the headphone jack without issue. When I am not running I use a standard TPU case so it’s easy to change daily.

The GPS on the Aquos is actually very good for a mid-range phone. It picks up on your location almost immediately and it never dropped signal during a 4 mile jog. I was using the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport prior to the Crystal and the two compare very closely with GPS. Some of the other mid-range phones I have used in the past have not had a great GPS chip so I was very pleased that it worked without issues.

As far as apps go, the Sharp Aquos can use any that are in the Android Marketplace. The storage is very limited but most fitness apps are smaller in size. I always use Endomondo and MyFitnessPal and they were two of the first apps loaded on the phone. Overall I have been very happy with how I can use the Sharp Aquos Crystal as a fitness companion. If you are looking for a low cost phone that can help you lose weight, the Aquos is the way to go!

0 Comments

This phone has an 8 megapixel camera on the back.  The shutter refresh is quick which is nice because you're not having to wait long.  Pictures with good light looked good but the camera didn't take good pictures in low light.  I did test out the Macro setting on the camera but had a hard time focusing on any object.  Shooting video was about the same as taking pictures.  The screen was great though when watching Netflix.

The phone has a 1.2 megapixel camera on the front of the phone on the bottom.  There is a window that pops up when you select the front camera advising you to turn your phone upside down or else you will be taking a picture of your chin.  I found that if you help the phone far enough from your face you didn't have to flip the phone upside-down.

"Disclaimer:  The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.  They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community.  Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.  The PA's do not represent the company in any official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community member in an official capacity."

0 Comments

When you first look at this phone you will notice one thing, there is no speaker on the front of the phone.  The phone features in-ear sound wave receivers.  What this does is basically sends sound waves that vibrate off of the screen making your screen your speaker.  You are able to place your ear anywhere on the screen and you will be able to hear the person on the other end of the phone.

This phone has a quad-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor.  I didn't have too many issues with the performance of this processor.  I was able to download web pages quickly and play some games with not much lag.  The performance was different when I was not using WIFI.  I'm located in Denver and the LTE service here is not that strong so when I was on LTE the performance was quite different than being on WIFI.

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.  They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community.  Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.  The PA's do not represent the company in any official way, and should not be expected to respond the Community members in an official capacity."

0 Comments

Getting a new phone is always exciting (Well most of the time.  I mean unless your old phone met some unfortunate demise then getting a new phone may not be that exciting ), and getting the right accessories can make your phone experience that much more enjoyable.  There are a few accessories that are must haves for me, so here are my Top 5 accessories for my Aquos Crystal.

#5 Screen Protector

Sharp_ScreenSaver_Zagg.JPG

Screen Protector is definitely a great idea for the Aquos Crystal for a few reasons.  Mostly you have this great looking edgeless display, but it is plastic which can make it more susceptible to to scratches or dings.  Not saying that the plastic screen is a bad thing, it's just a reality of material.  Also there are some screen protectors that give you privacy so that someone sitting next to you can't read your email over your shoulder.   You can find good quality screen savers that come pre-fitted for the Aquos Crystal ranging from $10-$40 depending on the material used.

#4 CASE

Sharp_Case.JPGSharp_Case_Back.JPGAnother valuable add on to any phone.  You've got your screen protected now give your phone's body an extra leg up against bumps, drops and accidents.  Cases are more of a personal preference because there are SO many option out there and your case can speak to your personality if you want it to.  Some folks like their phones to keep that "Au natural" look to it.  For me I have little who likes to play games or watch movies on my phones, so majority of my phones bumps & bruises come from accidental little hands.  Sprint carries a number of options for you to choose from including the Tech 21 Impact Shell Case.

#3 & #2 MUSIC: Bluetooth Earbuds & Bluetooth Speaker

Motorola_Buds.JPGHKOS_Desk.jpg

Music is a MUST for me and on the Sharp Aquos Crystal you will want to take advantage of the harmon/kardon Clari-Fi and LiveStage software built into the phone.  In a nut shell Clari-Fi when enable makes your compressed music (which is pretty much everything today) sound better and not compressed.  LiveStage compliments this by giving you a fuller listen experience via your Bluetooth or wired speakers/headphones.  My two personal favorite Bluetooth sound accessories are the Motorola Buds and harmon/kardon Onyx Studio Speaker. 

The Motorola Buds are light weight, have great battery life and pretty darn good sound especially for their aggressive price point.  As for the harmon/kardon Onyx Studio (HKOS), personally I have not come across a louder, better full sound portable Bluetooth speaker.  Our Product Ambassadors have written some great blogs about both of these devices, but I recommend visiting your local Sprint store to check them out in person.  Especially the HKOS!

#1 MEMORY & MEMORY CARDS

Sandisk_32gb.JPGAs with many mid-tier phones they do not have a ton of on-board memory, the same is true for the Sharp Aquos Crystal.  This does not make the phone bad, you just need to be more engaged in knowing that you can quickly eat up your on board memory with apps, pictures, & downloaded music.  So a great thing to do is invest in memory card.  For better performance we recommend at least a Class 10 Micro SD card.  The benefit of the memory card is you can move it from device to device have your music & pictures come with you and they then won't take up memory on board your phone.  Now you do have to usually make a quick setting change so your Micro SD card is your default place to store photos & music.  Also hopefully in an upcoming software update Sharp will give Aquos Crystal owners the ability to save apps to their SD cards.  This will allow us to keep our device working at optimum speeds versus being slowed down by overloaded memory.  Additionally explore Google+ or Dropbox for cloud based memory solutions.

Hopefully this will help you get your Sharp Aquos experience off to a good start.

YOUR SPRINT PRODUCT AMBASSADORS

0 Comments

The phone comes with Android KitKat and the phone itself has many features.  One of the features that the Sharp Aquos has is called "Clip Now".  This feature allows you to take a screen shot with the swipe of just your finger.  All you have to do is slide your finger on the top edge of the phone from left to right.  You will see the top edge of the screen roll as if you were flipping the page of a book.  This feature takes a screen shot of whatever shows on your screen and will save it to your gallery.  Another feature that the phone has is the Harmon Kardon audio technology.  This feature is to boost the sound quality on your phone.

"Disclaimer:  The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.  They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community.  Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.  The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community member in an official capacity.

0 Comments

Sharp-Aquos-Crystal-Sea-1024x576.jpgThis is far and above one of my favorite marketing pictures for the Sharp Aquos Crystal.  I mean just stop and look at it, you have an amazing shot of crystal clear water complimented by this amazing product which almost looks unreal.  I think like many folks when I first saw pictures like this of the Sharp Aquos Crystal not only was I wooed by near bezel-less screen but I wondered if it would look as good "in-person" as is does in marketing pictures.  After a few weeks with this device I have to say that if other manufacturers are not taking notice of this design and working towards something similar, we as consumers will lose out.  My favorite reaction is showing someone a movie in full screen and how it looks like you have 5" screen built into the palm of your hand or that it is just floating in mid-air.

Sharp in Hand.jpg

Now I know for some people the lack of a bezel brings the "what-if" in to play...but in my experience that plastic display helps to reduce the what if the screen cracks like can happen with glass screens and as far as scratching the screen you can easily reduce that impact by an inexpensive purchase of a screen saver.  I think the other great piece of technology that makes Sharp's bezel-less display so cool is the Direct Wave Receiver.  With Direct Wave you can put your ear anywhere on the display and hear crystal clear calls.  Great for those no-hands, shoulder holding conversations.

All in all the design of this phone is beautiful.  The near edge to edge display is amazing and Sharp has done a great job with this, especially at such an aggressive price point.  I think most would expect a lesser quality display but from my experience you will not be disappointed as everything from pictures to movies to everyday visuals look great.  So if you still have not seen this phone in person, visit your local Sprint store and enjoy the bezel-less experience.

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

0 Comments

sharp_aquos_crystal.jpg

I have been using the Sharp Aquos for over a month now and have been impressed with it. The phone is mid-range so it will not compare to some of the heavy hitters like the Galaxy S5 or HTC One M8, but it holds its own vs. others in the same category. The area where the Aquos stands out is its design. You have probably read it a thousand times, but this phone really is stunning in person. Many tech blog sites got their hands on the Aquos and here is what they are saying:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/14/sharp-aquos-crystal-review/

“Enter the AQUOS Crystal, one of the most striking phones you'll ever see.”

“The Snapdragon 400 ticking away inside gives it enough oomph to keep up with most people's daily grinds.”

“Still, since there's hardly any cruft taking up space around the screen, the Crystal feels surprisingly small when you're holding onto it -- in fact, the HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5 feel downright unwieldy in comparison.”

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=14784&p=6238

“The novel design is certainly interesting and takes some getting used to. It stands out, offering an alternative to more mainstream handsets”

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/sharp-aquos-crystal-306sh-review/#ixzz3PSyrDAJN

“The Aquos Crystal is truly beautiful to look at, and will attract the attention of everyone you meet. Many people did a double take and a few even asked me what it was when I took to the city streets to test the phone’s camera”

As you can see most of the reviews really focus on the design of the phone. Some of them are not too kind on the specs because they feel that a beautiful phone should have top of the line specs. I am very optimistic of the future of Sharp phones and can’t wait to see what else they come up with.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different

parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts

of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product

Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information

in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do

not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to

respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

untitled.png

(Image taken from Google)

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology.  They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community.  Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.  The PA's do not represent the company in any official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

0 Comments

The Sharp Aquos device has an amazing screen, and it’s not because of the pixel density! The “edge-to-edge” design is ridiculously attractive, and I hope it continues as part of phone manufacturers displays for years to come. The screen is not only excellent to look at, but Sharp has brought some really cool features that take advantage of the thinnest bezel to date!

The first feature I want to talk about is called Clip Now. You can enable/disable this feature in settings under the device section. By enabling this feature, you will be able to capture the screen you are viewing with a simple swipe across the top edge of the screen (the animation is pretty cool too!) This may seem like a novel take on the same old screen capture feature available on most devices, but the swipe across the very top of the screen is perfectly intuitive. It makes capturing the screen easy to do with one hand. But wait, there’s more! If it’s a webpage you’re capturing, the URL will be saved along with the screenshot, so you can get back to (or share) the page the image is from.

The next feature I’d like to touch on is the frameless effect. I didn't think this would serve much purpose when I started exploring the device, but now I wish more devices had the ability to show itself off like this one. Frameless effect can be turned on under the display settings. It will show a flash of light around the edges when you turn on the devices display. You can choose the color and pattern within the settings, and it’s a great way to start a conversation about your device. Each time I’m getting ready to show the device to someone, they get to see this effect first, and their eyes light up. I’ve gotten some pretty cool reactions to it, and immediately people want to know more about the display.

It’s safe to say the Sharp Aquos display is the main eye catcher for this device. With feature like Clip Now and Frameless effect, it’s easy to see what sets this device apart from other’s on the market.

0 Comments

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Final Thoughts Sharp Aquos Crystal

So I’ve had good times with my Sharp Aquos Crystal and again, I’m pretty satisfied.  For such an affordable device, this phone can sometimes be comparable to some of its bigger brothers.  I haven’t had any problems with any of my apps and even found a few nuances that were even better than previous phones I’ve used.  The edgeless display is sharp, bright and sleek looking.  It’ll surely get attention if used by itself but might go a little unnoticed, if housed within a case (looks like every other phone). That being said, there are nice affordable cases available that work well with this device.  Need a kickstand?  You can have it.  Want a red case match your outfit?  No problem. Like many phones on the market, the sky’s the limit when customizing things to your personal style.  People who like to use their phone for music should get a kick out of the new Harman Kardon enhancements.  Through hardline or bluetooth, this phone has good sound quality and added features to further warm up the vibe.  The camera is good for most general purpose environments where I even found it a little stand out for fine close ups (where detail is needed).  It’s also has a nice footprint, doesn’t take too much space and has a nice comfortable weight.  Times are changing and just because you are living on a budget doesn’t mean you have to resort to basic flip phone, stripped of features.  The Sharp Aquos Crystal proves it can deliver both a great experience and outstanding value.

-Rob Ignatowicz

0 Comments

Ohhhhhhh yes...

There's definitely some bad karma around posting a blog about a drop test, when the drop test was "accidental" in nature.  Let's just cover something that should be a MAJOR restriction whenever you are handling ANY new device:

**Do NOT put it in the front pocket of a HOODIE**  Those front pockets are SO convenient, and so big, and hoodies are so baggy, that you forget you have stuff in there... until it ends up in the wash, or in the dirty clothes hamper or falling from 4 feet to your hardwood floors as you pull your hoodie off.  Ok... disclaimer posted**

So that's how it happenned.  I had it in my hoodie pocket, and pulled the hoodie off as I was getting ready to go out to run an errand, and sure enough, I heard that all too familiar >>THUD<< of a phone falling on an edge or corner as I was pulling the hoodie over my head.  I looked down and the phone was lying face down, which always seems to happen every time I drop a phone (I wonder if that's by design? maybe OEM's consulted with cats or something...). So when I picked it up, I had that coin flip feeling, and fortunately, it was OK!! 

If you haven't seen the device, here's what it looks like without a case and with a case.

IMG_20150116_163919.jpgIMG_20150116_163752.jpg

The case pictured is the Townshop case, which I picked up on Amazon.  The jury is out on this case, and on cases in general for this device.  With a device that has ZERO bezel, and more specifically for functions that are built in to the edge of screens, this case seems very clunky and gets in the way of the on screen and edge functions.  HOWEVER, in terms of being protective, it is very sturdy, and also comes with a kickstand, which makes it easier for video calls or viewing.

Although it did not break on the fall, I feel like this device is screaming for its screen to crack if you don't put a case on it.  And if you do, then it feels clunky and OVERDRESSED.  So in summary, perhaps this phone is only for certain types of users, and that would be users who rarely if ever drop their phones. 

Still... it is VERY pretty, and the edge to edge screen is amazing!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Sharp-Aquos-Crystal-Sea.jpg

With a zero bezel device it is easy to get lost in the screen combine that with Harman/Kardon audio on the SAC and you have a great device for watching movies!

This last Christmas I received a flexible tripod and a tripod mount for cell phones (from amazon) and they are great for use when taking photos and wanting to get a nice

steady picture or video but recently I found another use for that and it's to setup a phone and watch a movie with as it's the right height and can be placed close by and inline with other displays.

For the sake of testing, I setup the SAC on my desk at work and connected my Harman/Kardon SoHo II NC headsets and put on Lord of the Rings movie.. WOW talk about a great experience

The HK SoHo II NC headsets really add to the experience with the SAC screen and these headsets you can really get lost in the watching content on the it.

sharp-aquos-crystal.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

We use our devices for a plethora of items, and if music consumption is one of your “items” (as it is mine), you should definitely check out the Sharp Aquos Crystal. The Sharp Aquos Crystal offers fantastic sound, featuring Harman/Kardon Clari-Fi and LiveStage audio technologies.

sharp2.JPG

Clarif-Fi Technology

Improves digital sound quality by restoring compressed digital music and rebuilding the original sound.

LiveStage Technology

Provides a life-like listening experience when using headphones by adding dimension to the sound.

The default setting for Harman/Kardon audio features is off until headphones or a Bluetooth device is connected.

To enable the Harman/Kardon features:

• Connect your headset
  • Tap the settings icon
  • Tap Harman/Kardon Audio
  • Enable Clari-Fi by checking the checkbox
  • You may want to enable the visualizer by checking this checkbox as well (the visualizer displays the audio enhancements as music is playing)
  • Enable LiveStage by checking the checkbox
  • To turn these features off, simply uncheck the checkboxes

After enabling these features, listening to your tunes will take you to another place.

The Sharp Aquos Crystal is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.