cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sierra wireless AC803S was told not a Sprint device.

Journeyman

Sierra wireless AC803S was told not a Sprint device.

I called Sprint Customer Care a few minutes ago (10/30/2014 4:30pm) and asked the representative to activate a Sprint device called Sierra Wireless Aircard 803S. The rep. says first yes we can activate the device after I gave her the MEID DEC number. After checking with her colleagues she says we can't activate the device because it is not a Sprint device.

The Sierra Wireless AC803S I am looking at has Sprint logos on the External Display and the label on the inside of the battery compartment that shows the MEID DEC HEX numbers. When powered on, the startup logo is a SPRINT logo.

How is it that when given the MEID DEC number and I am told Yes, it can be activated and then told No it can't be because it is not a Sprint device?

How is it not a Sprint device even though it has the logos of Sprint in at least 3 places?

Please reply soon. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Sierra wireless AC803S was told not a Sprint device.

bal5600

Thanks for contacting us. We understand your concern, which is valid since you are looking at the device which has the Sprint Logo. We did check our system to see the types of Sierra Wireless devices that we support. We currently have a Sierra Wireless 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot (803S). Please use this link http://bit.ly/1tGMiBK to view the image and let us know if this is the device you are referring to. Where did you purchase the device? Please let us know, so we can assist.

- Keisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

http://bit.ly/1tGMiBK Is the link you provided that has a photo of the exact device I have.

It was purchased recently from an online source but not Sprint.

Even when I power on this device and begin the activation and setup process using the administration settings show that this is a Sprint device. For example, the boot logo is Sprint, and when I tried to change the administration settings, it would say type in the web browser "Sprinthotspot" to further setup the device.

Master

bal5600,

Please send us a private message with the MEID/DEC for the device you are trying to activate by following the instructions found here bit.ly/1qQty1X We look forward to helping you resolve this issue.

- Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well, thanks for the offer to further provide help. But the device cannot be activated at this time.

Master

bal5600,

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot activate the device at this time. Whenever you have available time, please send a private message so that I can take a closer look at it for you. You can do so by visiting this link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . Looking forward to helping you.

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat