cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suffering CD (Conectile Dysfunction) with Tri-Fi Constantly switching between 3G and 4GLTE in KC

Journeyman

Suffering CD (Conectile Dysfunction) with Tri-Fi Constantly switching between 3G and 4GLTE in KC

Finally locked the Tri-Fi into 3G mode which works great, kind of.  The Tri-Fi seems to suffer from Conectile Dysfunction; it can't seem to maintain it's connection.  It is constantly searching between 4G and 3G.  When I first power up the Tri-Fi, life is wonderful; 4GLTE is everything I had hoped for.  However, after 5 to 10 minutes, I lose the connection and notice that it's searching for 4G and 3G.  It eventually connects to 3G, but 5 to 10 minutes later, it drops the 3G for the 4G signal.

It keeps repeating this pattern of 4GLTE, No Signal - Searching, 3G, No Signal - Searching, 4GLTE.  I've finally thrown in the towel and have locked it into 3G mode only.  It now connects in 3G and stays connected, just like the Novatel Mi-Fi that I used to have. 

I've tried connecting to 4GLTE only, but it still does the drop and search every 5 to 10 minutes. 

Tower location doesn't seem to be the issue; my one daughter's lesson is within a quarter mile of the cell tower.  I have incredible signal strength but can't seem to keep it connected.  Any suggestions on settings to help maintain 4G connection or is this one of those thngs where I should be happy and live with it kind of moments.

Thanks!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat