cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diving Into the New Slate 8 Tablet - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Ok, I’ll admit it… I was always a bit reluctant to ever consider a cellular tablet.  Not saying I’m particularly justified in my lack-luster excuses, but nevertheless I’ve been rather slow to adopt one (till now).  Thankfully, Sprint gave me the opportunity to check out the new Slate 8 tablet and I think it might just be the needed push for many customers who are otherwise apprehensive, diving into whole tablet thing.

Think of the Slate 8 as a good way to get your feet wet.

Right out of the gate, the Slate 8 is nice and familiar.  It has the same Android system you’ve come to rely on (Android 5.1 Lollipop) but now with a generous 8” screen that feels both comfortable and non-intrusive.  The construction feels solid and not flimsy. We’ve all held several budget friendly tablets or PDA’s over the years but pick up the Slate 8 you’ll immediately notice it just feels better. 

The High Definition display (800x1280) looks very nice for its size and watching steaming video clips and movies are comfortable on the eyes.  Now using enhanced apps (better suited for tablets), I can open up some added detail when shopping on my favorite online retailers.  It’s really a very different experience than even some of the largest screen smartphones.

I guess I didn’t expect much room to grow, but with the Slate 8 I was pleasantly surprised to see support for Micro SD cards up to 128GB (Plenty of room for offline movie viewing, bringing all my music with me or having a while collection of family photos at my fingertips).

The other staples are here too… including all your favorite Google apps preloaded.

So break out your Bluetooth headset, relax and introduce yourself to the idea of your new tablet.

Don’t forget the real perk is all these things, is they are all yours to discover while riding Sprint 4G LTE connectivity, making everything at arm’s reach, wherever you are.

More to come in future posts, but for those of you just hearing about the Slate 8, stop by your Sprint store and see one in person, that along with some exciting incentives now available will certainly make the Slate 8 something to consider.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.