cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Impressions of New Slate 8 Tablet - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Final Impressions of New Slate 8 Tablet - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, it’s never easy finishing up with a device.  I mean, you live with it, you learn to love it, find the little quirks that make it special and then **poof** you have to move on to your next device.  That aside, I think my time with the Slate 8 has been nothing but enjoyable. The Slate 8 is kinda like my co-pilot and always at arm’s reach in my car.  It’s seems to hold a good charge and even after a couple days of idle time it springs back to life like an ever reliable friend (a couple days later).

On the Sprint network, there really are no boundaries.  Whether I’m at home or on the go, the Slate 8 is my perfect channel to communicate with the world.  It still amazes me how I can be sitting on the beach and streaming video with clarity that put my high school “home theater” setup to shame.  With the Slate 8 accepting rather generous sized micro SD cards, you can seriously save countless photos, videos, downloads and other content.  I personally like having that ability in situations where Airplane mode is required. I can proactively download several full movies from my Ultra Violet library and have them ready for offline viewing, without any need for network connectivity.

The 8” Screen is plenty generous for most every task you might encounter.  Using it as an e-reader gives you a screen size that is pretty much up to par with a standard paperback novel and the clarity, illumination and zoom will likely have you second guessing why printed media still exists. I’m so excited to travel with a tablet now and honestly, I’m not sure why I ever hesitated.  Back when I was younger, I thought having a Gameboy was nothing less of magic but now with tablets, my mind is blown even further (Not to mention not needing to consume a case of AA Batteries for a couple hours gameplay). 

If you are on the fence on whether you should get into a cellular tablet, the Slate 8 is certainly a good way to get your feet wet and with promotional pricing, the Slate 8 could be the Christmas gift you might be looking for.    

untitled.png

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.