cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a Grip on your Slate 8 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Having a small tablet is fabulous for e-reading, quick posts on social media, and bingeing on your favorite stream. But despite the Slate 8 being smaller and lighter than big brethren, it sometimes is still a little gangly to handle with one hand. Not to worry, though, there are accessories for that.

20151116_104726-1.jpg

I went to Amazon and picked up a 3-pack of device grips called "LoveHandles." I've seen similar items called "Fly Grip," "Go Strap," and other names. Just search around for "one handed tablet hold" and you'll find them. The "LoveHandle" is basically a flat, elastic strap attached to a thin, solid back-plate that attaches to the tablet via 3M self-stick tape. The key selling point to me was that the handle lays absolutely flat when not in use. Thus, it doesn't get in the way when I toss my Slate 8 in my backpack. I placed my "LoveHandle" at a 45 degree angle, which helps me hold the tablet in both orientations - portrait and landscape.

20151116_104712-1.jpg

After you purchase a one-hand hold accessory you'll love how easy it is to hold your device with one hand. It won't get in the way of holding your device with two hands. However, it's possible that such handles may get in the way of book style cases and folios. Make sure you account for other accessories when purchasing a handle like this.

I hope this helps you get the most from your Slate 8. Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee