cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Thoughts on the Slate 8 - Sprint Product Ambassador

Journeyman

Initial thoughts on the Slate 8

I've had the Slate 8 for over a week now, my primary use for this device is a media device. The first word uttered when I took this device out of the box was "wow". I was surprised by the weight of the device, the tablet has a very high end feel to it. I have to admit that when I first set up the device, I had a few issues when I did a migration from my previous tablet. I was able to resolve the issue after doing a hard reset and then setting up the tablet as a new device. Since then, the tablet has worked for all my uses;

Watching the new Jessica Jones trailer on youtube.

Watching Beasts of No Nation on Netflix.

Streaming Cisco Security CBLs from my media server.

Streaming the When disaster strikes album by Busta Rhymes on Amazon music.

Stream the GGG fight on HBO go

I do feel that the weight of the device while a plus for adults will be a hindrance for children who may drop it. Due to this, I do not give this tablet to my children unless they are sitting down. The price point of this device is great for those who are just now breaking into the tablet world. It is good for your high school age kids who pretty much only watch youtube and stream stuff. The slate 8 is a pleasant surprise, and I am happy to be testing this device.

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.