Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a case for the Slate 8 Tablet

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Need a case for the Slate 8 Tablet

OK I know it's new but does anyone have any idea where I could find a case for this new tablet. Even compatible will work. I see ones for the HP Slate 8 Pro and was wondering if this would fit it. Dimensions on cases are not real good online

24 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Need a case for the Slate 8 Tablet

no luck with Amazon or Ebay?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am not sure what to buy, there is no case for the Slate 8, they have universal 7 & 8 inch but the holes for power ETC. may not match up.

Has anyone had any experience with this yet.

Also looking for an extra power supply

GrandMaster

no idea..this is actually the first i have heard of anyone bringing up the Slate 8 Tablet lol. i just typed in up at the top Slate 8 and the only thing that popped up was this thread.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I just looked on Amazon, did a search for "case slate 8" lots of results.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

These cases on Amazon are again for the Slate 8 Pro. if you look the camera holes don't line up and also the power charger plug doesn't line either.

I am looking into the Galaxy 8 inch maybe with some mods it may work

Sprint Product Ambassador

vader1701a -

I feel your pain! I am a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador for the Slate 8. Currently we don't carry any accessory cases at Sprint.com or in Sprint stores. But that won't stop me from protecting my Slate 8.

I did a search for "universal 8 inch tablet case" and found several good and inexpensive choices on Wal-Mart and Amazon's sites. Most of the universal cases I saw would work just fine for the Slate 8 in that they won't block the "selfie" camera and offer open access to the charge/sync and headphone ports.

If you care to browse the Owner Manual you can read and download here.

Thanks for being a Sprint customer! We appreciate your business.

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

Thank you for the response, that's customer service right there. Yes your right this thing is too new for stuff to fit it correctly but I did have a bit of luck if anyone else runs into this I bought a cover from a place called Five Below they had a nice collection and I did have to modify it for the cameras, now it does not allow me to prop it up like the fold ones do but the important part to me right now was getting it protected. By the way I really like this tablet so far the touch screen is really reactive it doesn't miss letters or numbers when typing and it's pretty fast...So far so good

Good to hear!

I forgot to add the physical specs of the tablet for other readers:

Dimensions

127.7 x 208.9 x 8.98 mm

5.03 x 8.23 x 0.35 inches

Hope this helps everyone. Thanks again!

CJ

Sprint employee

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.

going to be ordering a case today.

Master

How did it work out? Find one that works?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yes I found one at a store called 5 below and I had to modify the back camera hole just a smudge and it's works fine. The power and speaker jack are fine volume too.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!