Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a case for the Slate 8 Tablet

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Need a case for the Slate 8 Tablet

OK I know it's new but does anyone have any idea where I could find a case for this new tablet. Even compatible will work. I see ones for the HP Slate 8 Pro and was wondering if this would fit it. Dimensions on cases are not real good online

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Master

Awesome, glad you found something that works.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

what are the case dimensions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

have you actually purchase it and if so did you have to make any modifications?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I did buy it from that store. I had to modify the back camera hole just a smidgen the case does have that fold for a stand but it works great..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are a couple of pics of the case that I bought and also the mod for the back camera.

100_0457.JPG

100_0458.JPG

100_0459.JPG

Highlighted
Sprint Leasing and Insurance

Ok, so I ordered an 8" case from Amazon. Took more than a week to arrive and darn, it was a 10" case. So now on to the return phase.

tablet case.jpg

I have visited Target and WalMart stores and no case that would work with this Slate 8". This weekend I received a Nebraska Furniture Mart sales flyer in the Sunday paper. I will be going to the store to check it out and will post when I get it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Again I picked mine up at a store called 5 Below, not sure if they are a Michigan only store. It works perfect for me. I did the same thing I bought one from Ebay and it said for an 8 inch tablet (universal) usually when they state Universal it doesn't fit anything and it didn't.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

This is what I did.  Put a 'universal' Five Below case on it for an 8" tablet.  It fits well, although it doesn't cover the device from edge to edge.  That said, it was 5 bux, and it has a little elastic strap to keep it closed.  Even though the camera hole doesn't line up, it's easy enough to take it out of the case to use the camera if that's what I need to do.

D

sprintemployee

Highlighted
Sprint Leasing and Insurance

Love the color. Thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just searched Amazon and a specific case is now available. Haven't tried it yet but ordering for my wife.

[third-party link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator

"This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not just the fact that there are no tablet cases, but there are NO screen protectors! I can't find them anywhere that fit this size of tablet. I have looked on Amazon, looked for universal ones, and nothing. They don't exist. I keep getting hits for cases but nothing for the screen protectors.....I bought some from amazon that said they were universal 8" tablet screen protectors but they are completely the wrong size for the Sprint Slate 8" tablet *angryface*

Highlighted
Journeyman
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat