cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix for car rides - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Say what you will about performance… there are certain things that this device does very well.  Although the specs aren’t the top of line, the collection of hardware produces a very enjoyable multimedia experience. Couple that with high speed LTE connectivity, and you have the ultimate ROADTRIP WARRIOR!

Case in point - the 6½ hour trip from Philadelphia to Niagara Falls.  There is no warning cry so terrible and intolerable as that of a bored 9 year old asking how long until we get there.  Fortunately for me, most of the corridor between Philly and Niagara is lit up with LTE.  Only during a stretch of road in the Poconos did we find challenges with connectivity, but I chalk that up to those big mounds of dirt that call the Pocono mountains impeding my cellular signal.

Although the ride up was a mix of #YouTube, #Netflix, and #SmashyRoad, the ride home was an unadulterated non-stop Netflix binge that held up until the poor little guy couldn’t keep his eyes open anymore!  3 movies later, my youngest son was asleep for the final leg of the journey as we got back to the house after 9PM. 

Netflix held up spectacularly well, and I only heard of one “bufferring” delay on the whole trip home.  The interface is smooth and elegant, and super easy to use.  My kids are not tech savvy… they know how to use applications, but they are not troubleshooters, and don’t delve too much beyond what is intuitive and accessible.  This is the perfect description of Netflix on the Slate 8 - intuitive and accessible. 

IMHO, if you are going to use this device for a family fun device, don’t load it up with too many things.  As a streaming multimedia workhorse, I think it holds up pretty well, especially for the price!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.