cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate a Battery Pull on the Slate 8 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Well, I've been flat abusing this little tablet for a few weeks and I finally got it to lock up hard.  The digitizer stopped responding to input this morning.

To rescue it, I had to simulate pulling the battery out - it's really quite easy on the Slate 8.  Just press and hold the power key for 30 seconds and the system will perform a 'forced reset', which is like pulling the battery out of the older phones.  That gives the device a chance to clear out all the stuck processes and completely restart from scratch.

Nothing is erased when you force a reset, but do go through and think about what you last installed or did - and maybe uninstall that last app or game you were playing.  The Slate 8 is a great midrange tablet, but it's not unbreakable.  I had the kids playing on it this weekend and it's possible one of their games was just too much for it. 

Keep the tablet apps cleaned up and it'll work great after the simulated battery pull!

- Will England

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee