cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slate 8 - Camera Fun - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

When you last heard from me, I gave the Father Stamp of Approval on the Slate 8 because my daughter and I had a really good time streaming video while riding across town.  At that time I mentioned I would be reviewing the camera next so here we go.

There are two cameras on the Slate 8.  The rear camera is 5.0MP and the front camera is 2.0MP.  As a starter tablet for children I think these specs are just right.  My daughter always likes to ham it up when we are out and about taking pictures and now she has the opportunity to take some pictures herself.  Check out the comparison of the picture taken from my Galaxy S6 & the Slate 8 tablet.

The below picture was taken with the Slate 8 tablet and provides a good picture in comparison to the 16MP camera on my Galaxy S6.  If you are looking for a tablet to take professional photos with this is probably not the right device for you.  But if you are looking to get something for your kids to get acclimated to the technology it is just right.  Especially if you consider the price.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee