cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slate 8 Tablet - New User - Product Ambassador

Sprint Leasing and Insurance

I am an Android fan. This is a fact many of my family and friends are fully aware. I have not ascertained exactly why other than the fact that there are many IOS users around me and I enjoy having a bit of a different experience. However, I purchased an iPad mini a few years ago and truly have enjoyed the size and convenience of traveling with this tablet and love having a tablet at my disposal when I want to catch up on my shows, check and pay a few bills, and shop. Although I carry a smart phone, I find that having a tablet (a bit larger screen) is much easier to maneuver and certainly easier on my eyes.

Why do write this? I have recently been given a new Android tablet, the Slate 8.  The size is comparable to my mini but it’s an Android tablet. 😄 and it has the Sprint LTE network connection. My iPad is wifi only. This added bonus is interesting to me as it will allow me to understand if I have the usage behaviors that will benefit from having wireless service beyond wifi.

I activated this device and waiting for the load to perform. After coming back to it and seeing that it was loaded, I was actually excited that it loaded the software and background similar to my Samsung handset. This was a nice surprise.

So far, I love the feel in my hand and the slate backing is actually nice to hold. Again, just need to protect from my clumsiness. So my next step will be finding an effective (but cute) case to protect the device. Since this is not an HP, I will begin the search using the dimensions below.

1. 127.7 x 208.9 x 8.98 mm
  2. 5.03 x 8.23 x 0.35 inches

I have begun use with the social apps on the tablet and love the size to see pictures and search with a larger screen than my current Samsung phone. I am going to love using the tablet for watching Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as listening to music as I Bluetooth to my LG headset and / or my H/K speaker. All available at Sprint in the accessory area. www.sprint.com

Additionally, I will be asking my team in the KC EBC to use the device during demos and getting their input on the use. This tablet is a low cost tablet and if you purchase a wireless plan with it, the prices are even better. Easy way to get someone in your family a tablet for reading, social, searching/researching, and watching programs.  Check it out and get one for yourself and someone you love. www.sprint.com

"The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint."