Slate 8 software update - version NKS.02.16.03.04

Slate 8 software update - version NKS.02.16.03.04

Features/Enhancements:

• Google Security Patch
  • UICC handling improvements
  • Camera improvements
  • LED Indicator improvement

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 5/11/16 and will be completed by 5/11/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
8 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Slate 8 software update - version NKS.02.16.03.04

This update will not complete. Reset to factory but still fails. I'm tired of being reminded of an update that doesn't work. How do I at least prevent the download reminder.

Sprint Social Care

SunCitizen

Hi there! We would like to confirm, when you try to update, do you receive any type of error? If yes, what error do you get?

Please try these steps to see if the update can be completed (make sure device is connected to Wi-Fi):

Tap the Settings icon.

Scroll to and tap System Update.

Tap Update Firmware.

Tap CHECK FOR UPDATES.

If a system update is available, follow the prompts to install the update, otherwise tap OK.

Please keep us posted with the outcome.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've tried all that multiple times and just did the manual update with the same results as before. It fails into the Android system recovery screen. The error says: E:Error in /cache/update.zip (status 7) Insatalltion aborted. I've used the wipe data/factory reset but that just leaves me with a blank "SLATE" and still won't update. Thanks for your help.

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for letting us know.

It seems that you already tried some troubleshooting steps.

You can also visit one of our stores from them to provide further assist you in regards to this matter.

To locate your nearest one, please click the link: http://sprint.co/1bWupaC .

Keep us posted with the outcome.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am experiencing the exact same thing! Factory reset..everything.  Really would like a resolution because this seems to be an issue that numerous people are having!  And it does NOT help that this thing has NO online presence..ZERO. No manufacturer web site..nothing. Wish I had selected a different tablet!

GrandMaster

who makes the Slate 8? most manufacturers have something you can download to help back up devices and directly push updates. samsung has kies. not sure what the others have or what they are called but this might be the way to go with it. i have ZERO knowledge on any of the Slate devices so this is a hail Mary

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've been to my local Sprint store, and they say to buy a new tablet. I think that's a great idea. Tons of people are having this problem. There's no fix for it. RECALL! REPLACE! We've paid our dues, Sprint. It's your turn!
Sprint Social Care

Markmii, We completely understand the situation. I would like to verify the options you have available regarding this inconvenience. I've sent you a private message, please respond as soon as you have an available time.

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!