cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slate 8 tablet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Slate 8 tablet

Purchased device October 10th 2015. Device keeps restarting on its own. Also device does not show apps on the page to the right of home screen. You have to touch all apps icon and touch one of the apps that is on that page and they will finally reappear. This device is very buggy. I have talked to techs and they cannot duplicate. I'm saddened to find out such an issue within the very first month of contract.

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Slate 8 tablet

It's a budget no name tablet. It will never be great and you're not going to find good support. Too bad it's too late to take it back.

GrandMaster

have you already attempted to back it up and reset it or any of the other usual troubleshooting stuff?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Same here. It also won't save many of the app shortcuts I set up or rotate the screen properly (yes, the settings are correct).  I'm hoping that they do a software update to correct the problems.

Sprint Product Ambassador

The random reboot is an issue that I've seen with my device as well.  I know it's something that's being looked at and that will hopefully be addressed in a future update.  If and when I hear or see anything on the newsroom, I'll let you know.

As for the icons not showing up on the homescreen to the right, because it's pretty much barebones stock Android, there is no option to "add" a 2nd homescreen.  You can long-press an app icon in your applications tray and then drag it to the left edge of your homescreen.  That should create another screen that you can configure...

Finally, the issue with apps not showing up is something I only see when I boot up, and even then, it seems to self resolved after a few seconds.  can you give me a little more detail on how you see the issue?

D

sprintemployee

Journeyman

This issue would happen after wake ups. First lets talk about the screens. Yes these devices have more than one screen. Well let me say the first one did and this second one actually has three screens. Now back to apps disappearing. I would pick up said tablet hit power button to wake up device. I would do the finger swipe to unblock screen. After all this I would experience no auto rotation, and if I would go to second screen my apps would be gone. Now to make them reappear I would hit the all apps button wait a second the go back to screen. They magically reappear right in front of your eyes. This tablet is one spooky machine. I also experience auto restarts from time to time. This seems to be random and does not matter what I am doing. It has done it in the browser, opening an app after download, in an app, and etc.... I do hope the issues get resolved super fast. This problem reminds me aloit of the horror I went through with the htc evo.

Journeyman

I purchased this tablet for my granddaughter last year.  I have been having problems with this tablet since I got it.  It keeps shutting off every 30 minutes or so.  Takes about 15 minutes to restart, stating android is starting, optimizing apps.  Sprint technical support representative stated he wasn't aware of any issues with this tablet.  He is either new to the company or not telling the truth. I am  out of warranty.  Sprint is a huge retailer and should do a better job with their products.  I am so frustrated with their service.  

Master

aprilbryant123, thank you for contacting us. I'm here to answer all your questions and provide you with assistance.

There are not a known issue with this tablet and these problems could be due to a variety of reasons, like battery, software or even hardware issues.

Have you peformed any troubleshooting steps?

You may try to do a factory reset (A master reset will result in the loss of all data stored on the device including 3rd party applications.)For instructions click here You can also visit a Sprint repair store, where one of our expert repair technicians have the tools and equipment to see exactly what you are experiencing.

You can find a store and plan a visit using the Sprint Zone App on your smartphone, or on sprint.com at sprintstorelocator.com

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat