cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - Decent tablet for the kiddos

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint every year launches a couple of tablets that are low cost and pair nicely with Sprint's data plans. The Slate 8 is one of these new tablets for 2015. This tablet is a decent mid-tier device that won't help your write your next Pulitzer contending article, or that term paper for your research in college, but it is a fairly good tablet for kids to enjoy in their downtime or during a car ride when visiting the parents.

So my most favorite... or actually my kids most favorite apps for this tablet are the following, and they hold up just fine on the Slate 8

YouTube

This is a no brainier. Every Android devices comes preloaded with the YouTube app. And as most of us would agree, this is by far the most widely consumed video source out there, that happens to be free. Naturally my kids do watch a lot of cartoons on this app. YouTube recently launched the kids version that filters out any bad videos for kids as much as they can. So I have to say this is the best app for this tablet for kids. Download the kids version here.

Netflix (App link)

If you are the subscribing type, Netflix is the second best video app out there. And as you would like, they also have a kids version or portal to weed out any unsavory content for the kiddos. However, my kids do not use this app as much, instead they are very happy with the one mentioned above, so I wont spend much time here.

Stickman Football (or any other Stickman games)

My son loves football and when he learned there is a kids version of a football game on Android from his friends, he would not stop talking about it until I downloaded it for him! This game is a LOT OF FUN and I myself am hooked on it. It is the easiest football game I could find, and not only that, this company has a whole host of sports games on the same platform. So check it out. Just one thing though, it is AD driven and you may not have control over which ones are shown, so I just disable data while my son is playing, and eventually paid the $3 or so to get rid of them. Well worth it!

Starfall

My daughter loves this one. Starfall just launched a host of apps for pre-K and my daughter just cannot get enough of this. And it is kid safe, I mean why wouldn't it be? It is great to teach your toddler the ABC, 123, etc. Give it a shot.

I am sure there are many others one could argue are good for their kids, so discuss in comments if you like. But these apps are mainly what my kids use on a regular basis and this tablet is happy to play them without any issues.

Until next time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee