cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - New Software Update for the Slate 8

Sprint Product Ambassador

You must be a nerd (I know I am) to get excited when you wake up and see a notification for software update for your device. This morning, I received that notification for the Slate 8 and this is the one I am hoping would make this tablet much more stable and a tad bit faster. So here are some steps on how to check and update your tablet.

Wake the device up. Make sure you have around 60%+ battery though.

Run over to settings

Then hit System Updates

Tap Check for Update

Screenshot_2015-11-18-09-43-35.png

Then Download Now

Screenshot_2015-11-18-09-43-41.png

Then the tablet will download the update. Make sure you are on WiFi

Screenshot_2015-11-18-09-43-49.png

Hit Install Now and you are done!

Screenshot_2015-11-18-09-44-47.png

This update although not very big in the download department, will take 10-15 mins to install so if you are planning on catching up on some flix, you may want to wait till you are done.

Comment back and tell us if the update made any significant changes in your usage of the tablet.

Until Next Time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee