cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - Slate 8: Closing Arguments

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am sure by now most of you have seen this tablet in the stores, or have read enough of the blogs by the PA group that you pretty much have a basic idea of what this tablet can really do for you or your family. So I will quickly summarize it for an easy read

1. This tablet is a mid-tier inexpensive option for anyone who just wants to use it as a media consumption device (watching videos, reading books, maybe a few games, etc.) Do not expect to work on it to write long term papers or for a mobile work environment. Not saying it cannot do it, it just isnt optimized or built for it.
  2. It is quite sturdy in the kiddos hands. This is one of the tablets which I would not mind giving it to my kids. Due to the nice overall build quality it can take a little bit of a beating, but still a nice protective case would be preferred. Unfortunately, options are limited in that area due to its unique branding and Sprint only specs, so look for generic options.
  3. As I just mentioned in #2, accessories like cases etc are limited, but other Bluetooth keyboards and headsets work just fine. It is small enough to sneak into your bed to catch up on those last episodes of whatever it is you like to watch before going to bed
  4. The cameras, both front and back are just good enough for your basic needs. Most people do not take pictures with tablets anyway, so it is mostly used for video chatting and for that purpose, this is just fine.
  5. Additional storage is available via micro-SD which is a really nice thing. However please use Class 10 or better cards and refrain from knock offs on eBay, etc. This is one place paying a bit more will make your life easier in the long run.
  6. Battery lasts for ever! ok that is a stretch but it does last quite a bit. I have not done some objective tests on timings, but this guy, lasts 3-4 days for me with normal use e.g. 1-2 hours of video and general email checking throughout the day. That is on LTE and Wi-FI combined.

that is it in a nutshell. We hope that you, the customer who is in the market for an inexpensive solution for your media needs, or for a gift will consider this as a viable option.

Until Next Time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."