cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Up For Your Right! (For Slate 8 Accessories) - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

So, if you already have your Slate 8 tablet, you may be asking where you can find some snazzy new accessories.  Looking online (and elsewhere) might lead you astray so let me first clarify, the Slate 8 tablet is a Sprint Exclusive and not affiliated with any other manufacturer.  It is very important to point out (especially when there are other “Slate 8” model tablets), be very careful ordering any cases that may be listed as a Slate 8 accessory. The actual product dimensions are 127.7 x 208.9 x 8.98 mm (5.03 x 8.23 x 0.35 inches), so I would likely pick something generic and close to that size.  Myself, I chose a pretty generic Neoprene (wetsuit material) slipcase and I think it suits me rather well. Nothing too fancy but keeps the sun and dust off when it’s not in use and provides a degree of drop protection when it’s traveling throughout my day.

When at my desk, one accessory I can’t speak high enough about is the P2 Stand by Elago (pictured).  This is seriously one of the best stands I’ve ever found and fits the Slate 8 like a glove.  Cast out of solid aluminum, this stand is sturdy and caters to tablets of all sizes. The angle is strategically set and added rubber skid pads keep everything snug and stable.  I’ve never once had the Slate 8 slide off and even when bumped it stays fairly put and always a good viewing angle (in both portrait and landscape).  It really make things much more enjoyable especially when I’m typing elsewhere and not wanting to hold my tablet for long periods of time. I even travel with mine, just in case I want to setup a little place for steaming video viewing.  This stand is fairly new and built on the similar design of their original M2 (Mobile Phone) stand (which I also highly recommend).

It should be expected that, pretty much all your Bluetooth accessories should work fine and so far I haven’t found any that doesn’t. I’m proud to say my Motorola Buds Headphones sound great and are right now exclusively used with my Slate 8.  I didn’t see a lot tweakable settings with the sound but it wasn’t really needed and my Amazon playlist sounds and looks just great.  I’m still eye-balling a little Bluetooth keyboard but haven’t pushed the button just yet.  Did I mention that Elago P2 stand works so well when you are trying to use a keyboard with your tablet (even more so that other setups specifically designed for that purpose)?

Anyways, thanks for reading.  I guess the real purpose of this blog was to steer customers to explore options and not be discouraged to try all the exciting aftermarket accessories that aren’t locked down to a certain device.  The Slate 8 is a cool little device and not jealous whatever accessories you choose.

Stand.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

3 Comments